• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

KDBuff

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 16, 2002
SF
Status (Visible)
I have so many questions I want to ask regarding optometry school, but I think I'll start with asking some of you what school is like. What do you do on an average day? How many hours do you spend studying, etc? I've shadowed and OD, but he went to school quite a while ago, and couldn't answer many of my questions regarding school. I would appreciate any input. Thanks.

cpw

It's a boy !!!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2001
Tampa
Status (Visible)
  1. Optometrist
well, if you want to experience OD school first hand.. I'd recommend reading my OD student diary..

<a href="http://www.livejournal.com/users/odgirl" target="_blank">OD Student Diary</a>

Then, if you have questions about specific things feel free to ask! My typical day is three hours of lecture, lunch, and three hours of lab. But, it's all detailed in the diary. My whole first semester is there and I'm starting on the second.
Happy reading! Ask lots of questions.. that's what I'm here for! :D (and all the other OD students I'm sure will pipe in too!)

cpw

It's a boy !!!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2001
Tampa
Status (Visible)
  1. Optometrist
So, did you get the answers to some of your questions? Or did you think of some more that you'd like answered? Ask away.. it's what most of us are here for!!

About the Ads
This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.