So, nothing from Loma Linda??!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Soooo....my status on AADSAS just changed from "Invited for an Interview" to "Received/Application Complete". I don't know what this means??
mine did the same. it just means that they are waiting to review you now after the interview to see if they are going to accept, reject, or wait till later in the cycle to make a decision on you.

Members don't see this ad.

mine did the same. it just means that they are waiting to review you now after the interview to see if they are going to accept, reject, or wait till later in the cycle to make a decision on you.

Thats interesting mine changed to received/under review after saying invited for interview.. More I read into this stuff the more I get confused.

Thats interesting mine changed to received/under review after saying invited for interview.. More I read into this stuff the more I get confused.
hmm... not sure then.

Well hopefully some of us will get an acceptance soon and can inform the others :)

God bless

Members don't see this ad :)
just wonderin if nyone has heard nything or have ny news? thnx

Ya. Me too. Anyone?

Ya. Me too. Anyone?
still not yet here....

If i remember, i think only 4 or 5 here or predents have reported being accepted.

remember, LLU does not rush to accept 90 people first of December, so dont stress too much yet

good luck and God bless as we wait

Waiting, waiting...doing nothing but waiting!!!!!!!!! I know they still have a lot of acceptances to hand out, but this waiting is driving me CRAZY :scared: I don't know if I will make it till April, if it takes that long! I am supposed to be studying for finals but all I want to do is get accepted to dental school!!! I just want to know so I can take my life off of pause!!!!

Sigh---Ok, done ranting...back to studying

LLU can be frustrating when you are applying. They were my last acceptance and I was all set to go to Maryland when they accepted me in early March. I got the vibe that other schools were eager to fill their classes ASAP and LLU was just taking their time with it.

Waiting, waiting...doing nothing but waiting!!!!!!!!! I know they still have a lot of acceptances to hand out, but this waiting is driving me CRAZY :scared: I don't know if I will make it till April, if it takes that long! I am supposed to be studying for finals but all I want to do is get accepted to dental school!!! I just want to know so I can take my life off of pause!!!!

Sigh---Ok, done ranting...back to studying

i know how u feel man, i try to keep myself as busy as i can and stay away from comp, but still

Just got denied today via AADSAS :(

Good Luck guys

hi everyone, wanted to know, are they closed for the holidays, im calling them no one answers? this early?

hi everyone, wanted to know, are they closed for the holidays, im calling them no one answers? this early?

Hmmm....it isn't quite the Holidays yet. I would be surprised if they were closed already. Are you calling to check on your status? Let us know if you find out what is going on with stuff over there!

Members don't see this ad :)
finally i got a hold of cindy, i guess they were very busy

i asked about my application, she was like ok hold on let me pull you up, and then gave the same response, its still under review, i had interviewed mid october, and asked why some ppl who interviewed late november got a response, she said that it happens b/c of how the committee scores the applications, whatever that means, so basically, still under review and wait

i got 'offer made' though aadsas today. nothing official yet

hi that guy, when did u interview?

september 30, but ill be withdrawing. good luck!

finally i got a hold of cindy, i guess they were very busy

i asked about my application, she was like ok hold on let me pull you up, and then gave the same response, its still under review, i had interviewed mid october, and asked why some ppl who interviewed late november got a response, she said that it happens b/c of how the committee scores the applications, whatever that means, so basically, still under review and wait
they take gpa, dat, interview, lor, ect all into account and assign a numerical value and accept in that order (i think).

I waiting too

wow i had no clue they would accept based on numerical values, and how does religion play a role? i am non-SDA so i was wondering how that got factored into it, thanks for ur response

hey just as a heads up ...

so i was able to get some more information. as of about a week ago, they were only about 20-25% done. also they will be closing for a couple weeks for the holidays, so adcom won't be meeting for awhile.

as for the ranking on numerical value - i guess that only makes logical sense to do.

hey just as a heads up ...

so i was able to get some more information. as of about a week ago, they were only about 20-25% done. also they will be closing for a couple weeks for the holidays, so adcom won't be meeting for awhile.

as for the ranking on numerical value - i guess that only makes logical sense to do.

did their holiday vacay start already?? or will it start after this friday? and im assuming they won't be back till jan 5th...

wow i had no clue they would accept based on numerical values, and how does religion play a role? i am non-SDA so i was wondering how that got factored into it, thanks for ur response
not sure how heavily they rate religion into the equation to come up with a number, but i do know that it does play a factor.

it is interesting to note, most of the acceptances handed out so far to LLU have been to non Seventh-Day Adventists

I received my acceptance letter today, and I am not SDA.

I interviewed there Oct. 7th, I felt I did really bad at my interview. I was right I was rejected via snail mail...

I interviewed there Oct. 7th, I felt I did really bad at my interview. I was right I was rejected via snail mail...

:( Did you get an update via AADSAS first?

On another note--how many of you guys are SDA? I know a few have volunteered that info already....

:( Did you get an update via AADSAS first?

On another note--how many of you guys are SDA? I know a few have volunteered that info already....

I got the letter in the mail first, but then again after I got accepted I stopped checking on an hourly basis. I am not a SDA but I am Christian and an active member at my church.

okay so im going crazy...i interviewed at loma linda on oct 7th...its been 3 months!!! I know they can't say anything until after dec 1st, but come onnnnnnnnnn!

has anyone heard anything??

needa20 have u heard anything or are u still waiting?

Do you have to be a Christian to be accepted...? Does a catholic christian like myself count? :xf:

From what I've heard, you don't HAVE to be christian, they do have a wide range of religions to select from in their secondary, and that they prefer Seventh Day Adventist. The dentist I worked with was Catholic and she graduated from LLU, so that shouldn't be a problem.

I still haven't heard anything either. Just playing the waiting game..

just wondering if anyone that recently got interviewed have heard from llu? i interviewed in dec! for those that were interviewed around the same time have u heard n e thing?

hi everyone, wow i thought my situation was worse,

oct 23 -- nada!! still under review!

background:

christian

okay so im going crazy...i interviewed at loma linda on oct 7th...its been 3 months!!! I know they can't say anything until after dec 1st, but come onnnnnnnnnn!

has anyone heard anything??

needa20 have u heard anything or are u still waiting?
have not heard anyhing yet, but im staying positive. My friend interviewed the same as me a few years ago and did not get his acceptance till late jan/early feb...

i think i interviewd on oct 10

I was interviewed the first week of December and I have heard nothing yet. I do not expect to hear anything until the week after the 15th. Since Dec. 1st is first go around + 45days to deposit. Secondly the holiday break I am sure no one in the admissions office was licking stamps to envelopes to just have to wait until 2nd half of January to start checking the mail obsessively again.

why are they sending an invitation email for their open house?
god!!! i was soooo happy to see their email but found out it was just an open house invitation! so disappointing...

I know!!!!, Hello everyone....I'm so glad I found this thing...I'm goin nutzz waiting for some kind of reply...good to see im not the only one!!!!!!!!!!!! That open house mail psyched my out too!! why LLU why must you play with my hopes and dreams??!!

just an update, I interviewed in October, and still have not been reviewed for a final decision by the committee. Gotta have patience

Good luck and God bless

Hi everyone.

Can we expect more acceptances after Jan. 15 or it does not matter for LLU?

Thank You.

Hi everyone.

Can we expect more acceptances after Jan. 15 or it does not matter for LLU?

Thank You.
not sure how much that matters as they do not try to fill up the class by dec/jan

i got 'offer made' though aadsas today. nothing official yet

for those of u who are accepted, how long did it take for an official mail to come once u saw ur update on aadsas???:confused:. i cant wait....

The mail came within a week after I checked on AADSAS.

i got my acceptance letter today! aadsas was changed before the letter. im not sda. im kind of surprised i got in bc i thought my interview went kinda bad. but yay!

i don't think this is looking good for me....interviewed on oct 27th and a friend did his oct. 31st and he got a offer made on his addsas yesterday.....looks like i've been passed..don't know how much longer i can do this!!

I go to La Sierra University (LLU's sister school) a bunch of people have been getting accepted lately my friend guy got accepted last night, and i know of a couple of people getting accepted... one this week and a couple last week... so it seems like acceptances are rolling guys!!
good luck:D

my aadsas changed to "offer made" on monday!!!!! I'm so freakin happy!!! Wish you guys the best of luck!!

I had an interview on Jan 21st and haven't heard anything yet..

Instead I ve got a open house invitation.. It does not affect the acceptance, right?

Does an interview really matter when they make an offer?
If so, how much?