So now what?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SeminoleFan3

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently a 2nd year HPSP (Navy) student. I wasn't able to do ODS last summer because we have an 11 month school year for year 1. I was planning on going this summer, but was recently informed that the only class I can go to is full with a large wait list. We get no summer between years 3 and 4, so I can't do it then. So, when exactly am I supposed to complete ODS? Can I do Navy rotations without ODS first?

I'm married to another medical student (not HPSP), and the plan was ODS this summer, 2 clerkships up in Bethesda, and to match there because there's a decent amount of options for a civilian in the area. Without completing any ATs there, what's my shot at matching there for something like IM?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm currently a 2nd year HPSP (Navy) student. I wasn't able to do ODS last summer because we have an 11 month school year for year 1. I was planning on going this summer, but was recently informed that the only class I can go to is full with a large wait list. We get no summer between years 3 and 4, so I can't do it then. So, when exactly am I supposed to complete ODS? Can I do Navy rotations without ODS first?

I'm married to another medical student (not HPSP), and the plan was ODS this summer, 2 clerkships up in Bethesda, and to match there because there's a decent amount of options for a civilian in the area. Without completing any ATs there, what's my shot at matching there for something like IM?

I am going Army, but I was told that I could wait and do OBC after med school because when I was on active duty rotations I would be a student not in command of troops. This distinction apparently allows you to do rotations because you aren't really going to be leading anyone.

Thanks. I was just informed in an email that I would still be able to do Navy rotations, so my fears are calm (for the moment).

IM? You should not have a problem securing an IM postion.