1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

So-So interview > Accept?!?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by stapler187, Dec 10, 2002.

1. stapler187

stapler187 Member
    7+ Year Member

Have any of you had not-so-great interviews or one that left you doubtful, but still managed to get into that school right off the bat?

Staples

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. pocwana

pocwana MD/MBA candidate c/o 2008
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
  4. fava

fava stalking ed
    7+ Year Member

yup. in fact, i think "hellish" might've been a better word to describe my interview. and just when i'd written the school off, i got accepted... go figure.

5. pillowhead

pillowhead Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

yeah, i got accepted to MCG a few weeks after a totally botched interview. It was just awful...i even totally screwed up the handshake and practically crushed one of her fingers. it only went downhill from there. i guess that's why they and so many other schools do more than one interview which i think is smart

6. crazyA

crazyA Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

my first two interviews were very mediocre IMHO, but i somehow got in

my third was a disaster, and the school has already accepted people off this site that interviewed after me, so i doubt i'll get in

4th and 5th were really good i think, but i wont hear back from either school for a while

7. Explosivo

Explosivo blah!
    7+ Year Member

Yeah my UIC interview wasn't too great. I thought I bombed it and that I was very nervous during it. In fact, it was so bad my perspiration was actually showing through my shirt. At one point I was asked by the interviewer so tell me about yourself? Took me by surprise and I was completely speechless. I ended up rambling some random stuff. Thought I was in trouble. Thankfully I later found out everything was fine. :clap:

8. OneStrongBro

OneStrongBro Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Hey Explosivo,

What was timeline between turning in your 2condary and receiving an interview from UIC. Also, did they snail mail or emal your invitation.

Thanks