1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

So-So interview > Accept?!?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by stapler187, Dec 10, 2002.

1. stapler187

stapler187 Member
    7+ Year Member

Have any of you had not-so-great interviews or one that left you doubtful, but still managed to get into that school right off the bat?

Staples

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. pocwana

pocwana MD/MBA candidate c/o 2008
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
  4. fava

fava stalking ed
    7+ Year Member

yup. in fact, i think "hellish" might've been a better word to describe my interview. and just when i'd written the school off, i got accepted... go figure.

5. pillowhead

pillowhead Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

yeah, i got accepted to MCG a few weeks after a totally botched interview. It was just awful...i even totally screwed up the handshake and practically crushed one of her fingers. it only went downhill from there. i guess that's why they and so many other schools do more than one interview which i think is smart

6. crazyA

crazyA Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

my first two interviews were very mediocre IMHO, but i somehow got in

my third was a disaster, and the school has already accepted people off this site that interviewed after me, so i doubt i'll get in

4th and 5th were really good i think, but i wont hear back from either school for a while

7. Explosivo

Explosivo blah!
    7+ Year Member

Yeah my UIC interview wasn't too great. I thought I bombed it and that I was very nervous during it. In fact, it was so bad my perspiration was actually showing through my shirt. At one point I was asked by the interviewer so tell me about yourself? Took me by surprise and I was completely speechless. I ended up rambling some random stuff. Thought I was in trouble. Thankfully I later found out everything was fine. :clap:

8. OneStrongBro

OneStrongBro Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Hey Explosivo,

What was timeline between turning in your 2condary and receiving an interview from UIC. Also, did they snail mail or emal your invitation.

Thanks