So, the Emory Admissions Committee meets today...Who else would kill to get in?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

freaker

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:cool: :eek: :confused: :oops: :) :(

This is the one school I'm biting my fingernails over. Of course, I'm probably going to get slapped on the hold list along with every other school I've heard back from, but if I get in.... :eek: :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in the same boat sir. I agree completely with the desire to get accepted...in any case it would make a convenient excuse to rid myself of some unwelcomed coworkers!

Best of luck!

I'm completely with you , I would love to go to Emory. Maybe this will be the lucky adcom meeting, good luck everybody.

Members don't see this ad :)
if Emory waitlists with each committee meeting or do they keep everyone waiting until the end (March)?

I was under the impression the committee had already met and the acceptance letters are mailed out today (at least that's what it says on the pink piece of paper we got at our interviews). Is this correct? I'm really anxious to hear from Emory, so I'm hoping some decisions are already made and the letters are being sent out. Pleeeaaaase, Emory, accept me. I'm a nice girl, I promise.

rosa said:
if Emory waitlists with each committee meeting or do they keep everyone waiting until the end (March)?

i believe that they do not start waitlisting until the end, but check the info. they gave you on the interview day, because i think that it specifically tells you.

LauraMac what school are you going to attend or are you still deciding? are you originally from michigan, I ask because I see that your undergrad was Univ of Mich. just curious!! ;)

sistahnik said:
LauraMac what school are you going to attend or are you still deciding? are you originally from michigan, I ask because I see that your undergrad was Univ of Mich. just curious!! ;)

still deciding... the three schools i've been to that i've really liked so far are northwestern, emory, and umich. so i'm going to wait to hear from emory and northwestern before i make any final decision. i also kind of want to see what ucla says. but i am withdrawing from a bunch of places now that i'm in here at umich.

i'm originally from michigan and am in my senior year at u of m right now. are you here now, too?

I interviewed at Emory today (I go to emory for undergrad), and would love to stick around another 4 years. The whole day was great and Erica Black is awesome. Also I think they are mailing out acceptances today, at least thats what it said on one of those papers that listed the days acceptance letters are sent. Well hope everyone hears some good news soon.

Good luck.

Good luck to those applying and wating.
Emory does wait to put you on the Alternate List t until the 'end'. Check the sheet that you were given at the interview. It lists the date that they SEND out admissions, and it also lists the days they will let you know about the Alternate List.

pbehzad said:
I interviewed at Emory today (I go to emory for undergrad), and would love to stick around another 4 years. The whole day was great and Erica Black is awesome. Also I think they are mailing out acceptances today, at least thats what it said on one of those papers that listed the days acceptance letters are sent. Well hope everyone hears some good news soon.

Good luck.

Are yall talking about the second round of acceptances coming out? A friend of mine has held his acceptance to Emory for about a month. He will be declining it though so if there is a waitlist, it will be moving at least 1.

TexPre-Med said:
Are yall talking about the second round of acceptances coming out? A friend of mine has held his acceptance to Emory for about a month. He will be declining it though so if there is a waitlist, it will be moving at least 1.

No, they send out new rounds of acceptances (only acceptances) at the end of each month. The waitlist won't be finalized until March or so. Tell him to decline it sooner rather than later so they accept more people!!