So what is the plan for those that are not accepted???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LordOfTheDance

I'm Awesome
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
All I have left is my waitlist position at MWU CCP, I am out of luck if they don't accept me. I personally am torn between working full time at the pharmacy and pursuing another major... I am leaning toward adding a comm major, as it will only take a year to do.. I have enough credits after this semester to earn a B.S. in Zoology w a minor in chemistry already- Not to mention, I am not quite ready to begin paying off my loans on a techinician's salary!

So what are the rest of your plans? Any advice on the issue of what looks better for applying for the next term? Looking in your direction for that one mods:confused:

Thanks to those that reply

Members don't see this ad.

i am going to take enough courses to defer my loans, after all i will graduate at the end of the semester. I will probably take science courses, improve my science GPA. Maybe get a job as a pharm tech, i already work with a clinical pharmacist in a lab, but doing both i figure give me a unique advantage.

My original plan was that I would take more science courses because I wouldn't have money to pay back my student loans.

You might still be able to get in from the waitlist. Don't lose hope. I'm still waiting to hear from CCP too. I haven't even received a MCV yet since according to InteractNow, my application was completed 3/2/07. We might even be classmates. Who knows huh?

CCP likes reapplicants, so you have that advantage if you don't get in this year.

Members don't see this ad :)
All I have left is my waitlist position at MWU CCP, I am out of luck if they don't accept me. I personally am torn between working full time at the pharmacy and pursuing another major... I am leaning toward adding a comm major, as it will only take a year to do.. I have enough credits after this semester to earn a B.S. in Zoology w a minor in chemistry already- Not to mention, I am not quite ready to begin paying off my loans on a techinician's salary!

So what are the rest of your plans? Any advice on the issue of what looks better for applying for the next term? Looking in your direction for that one mods:confused:

Thanks to those that reply

What do you think of Physical Therapy? I think that's what I will do if I don't get accepted anywhere. Plus it's easy to get into the program. According to the Physical Therapy advisor at University at Buffalo they make about $70,000 a year and it's not hard to find a job. I looked at the curriculum and the classes look very interesting.

I heard Physical Therapy is very hard to get in since they don't accept that many students. I know a physical therapist, he does home visits and each visit is $58!!! But I still want to do pharmacy :p

i've had my sights set on pharmacy for a very very long time. Anything else at this particular point in time is like settling for 2nd place. I am not about to do that, and give up on what i want to do with my life. But then again, i am still waiting to hear from my schools

I heard Physical Therapy is very hard to get in since they don't accept that many students. I know a physical therapist, he does home visits and each visit is $58!!! But I still want to do pharmacy :p

I know I wanna do pharmacy too, I am going to keep trying a couple more times and only if I don't get accpeted them will I apply to Physical Therapy. Getting into the Physical Therapy program with a gpa from 3.2-4.0 is not hard. They get 90 applicants and they accept about 50. (Some of them have a gpa below 3.0).

I have been put on the waitlist at ccp and cpg and my plan right now is to take some more science classes to boost my GPA and SGPA, and become a pharm tech this next year and then I'll reapply. I know how you feel though. It's very dissapointing!!!

There is no other option for me pharmacy is all that I have wanted to do since I graduated HS. What I'm saying is, do you think the double major will further strengthen my application? If so, then I will do it.

PS- not sure if this thread belongs in pre-pharmacy or not

1.) This thread belongs in pre-pharmacy.

2.) You should have gone to the interview for UACP.

3.) If you have time, then go ahead and do another major. It can only help you and hopefully will bring your GPA up.

There is no other option for me pharmacy is all that I have wanted to do since I graduated HS. What I'm saying is, do you think the double major will further strengthen my application? If so, then I will do it.

PS- not sure if this thread belongs in pre-pharmacy or not
only if it will boost your science gpa

I thought in one of your posts, you said that they called you but you decided not to do because there is nothing to there

"Appalacia called, but I had to decline. There is really nothing to do in that little town. Hopefully I'll hear from VCU soon!"
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/search.php?searchid=1111709

But I guess that was from last year. If you didn't decline last year, you might be P1 already. I hope you get into CCP. I'm still waiting to hear from them too.