UIC doesnt like phone calls.meowmixer said:Dude, that's my problem, too--I interviewed at the UIC Chicago campus and loved it, but got into freaking Rockford. It doesn't look like there's any hope for getting into the Chicago campus prior to May 15th either, so. . . ???
Does anyone know how to withdraw formally? Will the schools require written notification or do you think one could call up on May 14th if one hasn't made a decision before then?
LOL. Duke is notorious for being terrible at notifying students of their status. A couple years back there was an online site that told students their status, and it gave out a lot of false acceptances. A lot of people turned down their other schools, only to find out their Duke acceptance had been a glitch. Pretty bad.Neuronix said:I need to withdraw from Duke. My roommate and I are still on their waitlist.
No, seriously, they never sent us rejection letters. Just the waitlist letters...
I will be withdrawing from University of Cincy, Ohio State, CWRU soon as I receive my financial award letter from my number one choice school.mackaikai said:com'on all of you withdraw from University of Cincinnati and BU!
What is HST? Am I the only ****** on this site? All of these acronyms drive me crazy!kels said:Can someone withdraw from HST? It was the only school I applied to, so I'm in a bad spot.
... hope everyone gets into the school they want as soon as possible. This whole thing has taken too long. And I'm kidding about hst....
Calm down! Just received pertinent info. on some of my schools of interests and the second look weekends will solidfy my decision....idq1i said:Why don't you losers withdraw now?
There are people that may be craving spots that you are holding on to because of vanity.
I was not referring to anyone in particular.Harps said:Calm down! Just received pertinent info. on some of my schools of interests and the second look weekends will solidfy my decision....
NPHarps said:My bad...your post was right after mine!
Do you mind to tell us how you decided on those nice schools?Harps said:Withdrawing soon from HMS. Seems like I will withdraw from UCSF....within the next week or two. I hope some deserving, genuine people get my spots....
you know, i don't think it much matters at this point. my impression is that schools are pretty much going to wait until after may 15th to go to the wait list regardless. i don't think that giving up a spot now is going to accelerate the process. and i'm someone with no acceptances hoping that a wait list comes through for me. just have to be patient.idq1i said:NP
Looking throught the thread, I can see that some people think that holding on to 10 acceptances makes them really cool. Vanity=stupidity. Make up your damn mind, and give others a chance.