so...what schools do you plan to withdraw from by may 15?

• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.
About the Ads

kilroth

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2003
Visit site
Status
Probably Rush and UIC. I just got my aid packages yesterday. It's not as easy of a decision as I thought since Loyola is 10K more than UIC and 4K more than Rush. :confused:

skiz knot

Legendary Dr. X
15+ Year Member
Apr 14, 2004
Somewhere in the middle
Status
I've been accepted to UIC-mother-effen-Peoria. I would like to get into the Chicago campus so I can continue my research! Otherwise I'll have to withdraw and go to another school that is not as oriented towards my personal career goals.

meowmixer

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 7, 2004
Washington, DC
Visit site
Status
Dude, that's my problem, too--I interviewed at the UIC Chicago campus and loved it, but got into freaking Rockford. :( It doesn't look like there's any hope for getting into the Chicago campus prior to May 15th either, so. . . ???

Does anyone know how to withdraw formally? Will the schools require written notification or do you think one could call up on May 14th if one hasn't made a decision before then?

jlee9531

J,A,S
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 25, 2002
CA
fantasysports.yahoo.com
Status
Attending Physician
meowmixer said:
Dude, that's my problem, too--I interviewed at the UIC Chicago campus and loved it, but got into freaking Rockford. :( It doesn't look like there's any hope for getting into the Chicago campus prior to May 15th either, so. . . ???

Does anyone know how to withdraw formally? Will the schools require written notification or do you think one could call up on May 14th if one hasn't made a decision before then?
UIC doesnt like phone calls.
most schools will either say accept a withdrawal with email or written letter. to save yourself some time...just write emails to the schools you are planning to withdraw from.
if they specifically say to give them a letter...then only write letters to the schools that require it.

already withdrew from msu, uvm, and a load of other schools that have made no decisions on me.

Gleevec

Peter, those are Cheerios
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2002
Status
Neuronix said:
I need to withdraw from Duke. My roommate and I are still on their waitlist.

No, seriously, they never sent us rejection letters. Just the waitlist letters...
LOL. Duke is notorious for being terrible at notifying students of their status. A couple years back there was an online site that told students their status, and it gave out a lot of false acceptances. A lot of people turned down their other schools, only to find out their Duke acceptance had been a glitch. Pretty bad.

mackaikai

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 15, 2002
Status
Attending Physician
com'on all of you withdraw from University of Cincinnati and BU!

About the Ads

taehong81

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 23, 2003
Status
Attending Physician
mackaikai said:
com'on all of you withdraw from University of Cincinnati and BU!
I will be withdrawing from University of Cincy, Ohio State, CWRU soon as I receive my financial award letter from my number one choice school.

efex101

attending
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 19, 2002
MN
Status
Attending Physician
Vandy........

size_tens

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2003
Visit site
Status
I know there are quite a few sdn'ers who have received acceptances at SLU. How many of you have or will withdraw from there?

W222

2K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2003
Visit site
Status
I am HOPING FOR PEOPLE TO WITHDRAW FROM THE FOLLOWING SCHOOLS: Case, Cleveland Clinic, NEOUCOM, Wright State, Cinnci, and Jefferson. If you could please withdraw from these schools ASAP and pass my name along that would be great, ok. Yah, I am gonna have to ask you to do that right away, mmkkkaaayy.

exmike

NOR * CAL
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 19, 2003
Bay Area
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
I'm withdrawing from SDN. Anyone can have my spot.

Oh wait, i cant. damn!

mackaikai

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 15, 2002
Status
Attending Physician
I will take your 2000+ posts history.

com'on exmike, withdraw!

About the Ads

SaltySqueegee

El Rey de Salsa
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 10, 2003
www.studentdoctor.net
Status
MD/PhD Student
Sorry, no acceptances to withdraw from, just waitlist spots...

For all of you California-types, I will be withdrawing my Tier-1 waitlist at UCLA, and my unranked spot at UCI.

As for all the other spots, I will be giving up waitlist spots at MCV, MCW, NYMC and SLU.

Hopefully that will lighten up the waitlist competition a little. Hope that helps. :)

Best of luck to all of you... :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

kweenkong

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 25, 2004
Visit site
Status
I will be withdrawing from MCW if anyone wants my spot.

Spitting Camel

Anteater for Life!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2003
'Eaterville
Visit site
Status
Withdraw form UCI and LLU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, and !

subtle1epiphany

Junior Faculty
15+ Year Member
Oct 18, 2003
UIowa <- UNM <- MSU <- SoCal
www.msu.edu
Status
Attending Physician
everyone withdraw from NYMC...right...now!

damn, worth a shot... hope they show me some love soon!

jlee9531

J,A,S
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 25, 2002
CA
fantasysports.yahoo.com
Status
Attending Physician
wire said:
please withdraw from university of vermont !!
done!
i hope you get in.
its gonna be a blast...:)

kels

10+ Year Member
Apr 20, 2004
Status
Can someone withdraw from HST? It was the only school I applied to, so I'm in a bad spot. :(

... hope everyone gets into the school they want as soon as possible. This whole thing has taken too long. And I'm kidding about hst....

Spitting Camel

Anteater for Life!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2003
'Eaterville
Visit site
Status
kels said:
Can someone withdraw from HST? It was the only school I applied to, so I'm in a bad spot. :(

... hope everyone gets into the school they want as soon as possible. This whole thing has taken too long. And I'm kidding about hst....
What is HST? Am I the only ****** on this site? All of these acronyms drive me crazy!

kels

10+ Year Member
Apr 20, 2004
Status
my bad. HST is Health Science & Technology, or something like that. It's the joint health program between MIT and Harvard. They offer MD, PhD, and other degrees and let you work with faculty from Harvard or MIT.

The other way to get an MD from Harvard is from NP (new pathway), which I think is exclusively run by Harvard.... if you ever look through Harvard's departments and such, you'll see that they are crazy with all their acronyms. I think you can make up any 3 letter comination, and it'll happen to stand for some program at Harvard...

About the Ads

Harps

Jatt Denominator
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 18, 2002
CA
Visit site
Status
Withdrawing soon from HMS. Seems like I will withdraw from UCSF....within the next week or two. I hope some deserving, genuine people get my spots....:)

-Harps

Harps

Jatt Denominator
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 18, 2002
CA
Visit site
Status
oh yeah, I will have to withdraw from SDN at the end of the weekend as well :(

-Harps

Harps

Jatt Denominator
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 18, 2002
CA
Visit site
Status
idq1i said:
Why don't you losers withdraw now?

There are people that may be craving spots that you are holding on to because of vanity.
Calm down! Just received pertinent info. on some of my schools of interests and the second look weekends will solidfy my decision....

-Harps

Harps

Jatt Denominator
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 18, 2002
CA
Visit site
Status
idq1i said:
I was not referring to anyone in particular.
My bad...your post was right after mine! :)

-Harps

MED123

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 25, 2003
FL/NY
Visit site
Status
Anyone withdrawing from Temple med? I am dying to go there. Please share, at least it would make me feel better.

10minutes

M.D.Candidate
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 10, 2004
Virginia
Status
Harps said:
Withdrawing soon from HMS. Seems like I will withdraw from UCSF....within the next week or two. I hope some deserving, genuine people get my spots....:)

-Harps
Do you mind to tell us how you decided on those nice schools? :D

eledamau

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 25, 2004
Southern California
Visit site
Status
hey guys

what do you write in a withdrawal letter?

something like this:

I would like to withdraw my application from ____ school.

Sincerely,

___

or does it have to include something more? (ie. explanations about what school I am going to? reasons... ) i didn't think we're "supposed to" include this extra information.. but then again.. i haven't done it before --any help would be appreciated

I plan to send some out this weekend

NYMC and Cleveland Clinic at CWRU ;) good luck to u guys

coachB

full fledged member
15+ Year Member
Mar 26, 2003
The Beach
Status
Attending Physician
idq1i said:
:thumbup: NP

Looking throught the thread, I can see that some people think that holding on to 10 acceptances makes them really cool. Vanity=stupidity. Make up your damn mind, and give others a chance.
you know, i don't think it much matters at this point. my impression is that schools are pretty much going to wait until after may 15th to go to the wait list regardless. i don't think that giving up a spot now is going to accelerate the process. and i'm someone with no acceptances hoping that a wait list comes through for me. just have to be patient.

About the Ads