1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

So What Should I Expect?

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by bcd051, Jul 31, 2011.

1. bcd051

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I'm taking the Kaplan Course, and my actual test is on August 18. I started by getting a 19 on the diagnostic (17th percentile), got a 29 on the First Kaplan Full-Length, and a 33 on the Second Full Length. I've gone through the threads, and they just jump all over the place.

I've consistently been improving; on the Verbal Sections of the two full-lengths I have gotten 12 and 13, in that order. On the verbal practices I have been getting 90% or above the last 4 or 5 times, so I'm relatively confident there. On the BS, I've gotten a 10 on both FL's, but the second one consisted of 15 questions that I had yet to go over. Finally on the PS, I went from a 7 to a 10, but on the practice tests I'm still getting mostly between 60% and 70% right.

Also, I'm wondering if, when they do look at my score, it will be taken into consideration that I haven't taken Bio or Chem (General) for 7 years, Org/Physics for 6 years, and Org/Phys I only took the first semester (required surgery on lower body, unable to walk for a good portion of last 2 years of undergrad).

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. S6MD

S6MD Aaahh!!! Real Monsters
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I don't really think there will be any sympathy for a lower score - regardless of how valid a reason you might have. Your upward trends are really good, and your VR seems solid. I'd say focus on PS for the time being.

Just remember that when you walk into the exam on test day, your practice scores no longer matter. If you can't crunch the info they present in each passage in 7-9 minutes, you probably won't do well.

4. SN2ed

Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Try taking some AAMC FLs to see where you stand, especially in regards to verbal.

Also, medical schools won't care that you haven't taken the courses in awhile.