So what'd everyone get for Christmas?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My parents got a 46" HDTV for my apartment. My jaw dropped.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I just got a Laptop slip cover so I can actually take my laptop places. I might get a couple of PS3 games but I doubt I will have much time to play them now a day.

If you are a football fan, and most definitely if you are a 49er fan, you will appreciate the AWESOMENESS of these gifts. OLD SCHOOL BABY!

ninerhat1.jpg

ninerhat-1.jpg

I'm so jealous of some of your gifts. I only got House season 4 and this weird surgical game for nintendo DS. I'm still not sure what that game wants from me, it's like a weird animated drama crossed over with sci fi. Other than that it was just clothes.

I'm so jealous of some of your gifts. I only got House season 4 and this weird surgical game for nintendo DS. I'm still not sure what that game wants from me, it's like a weird animated drama crossed over with sci fi. Other than that it was just clothes.

Oh I hope it's trauma center, that game is the shizzleaswompwnage.

"Doctor! patient vitals are low"
let me just inject some of this green stuff....

I too hope that it's trauma center! That is one of my favorites! :D

I was tempted to ask for House but then I realized I could just watch them all online and my monitor is as big as our TV in the apartment pretty much.

I got lots of food and books. I had a good laugh b/c my mom wrapped everything she could in those bright red biohazard bags:cool:

Yeah this happened to me too. I feel for you. After my first acceptance she freaked out and broke up with me cuz she thought we would never be together (she got rejected from the dental school at the same place I got accepted at the medical school)...after about a week we got back together. Then after my fifth acceptance she dumped me again. (She has yet to even get an interview to dental school).

Ughh... Well Cheers to a new year and the added ease of picking up hot chicks since we are in medical school.

Yep, good riddance brother. Let's hope 2009 is indeed our year......professionally and emotionally speaking.

Members don't see this ad :)
My presents

A message on my cell phone, "Hey it's mom! We all drove down to New York to see your aunt and cousins! I left $50 dollars in the mail box at home, pick it up before the mailman steals it!"

Lonely days lol

My presents

A message on my cell phone, "Hey it's mom! We all drove down to New York to see your aunt and cousins! I left $50 dollars in the mail box at home, pick it up before the mailman steals it!"

Lonely days lol
:(

I too hope that it's trauma center! That is one of my favorites! :D

My pre-med bud got 'master surgeon' rating one time. His ego was so big after that, and we don't think he was kidding. He actually thought it meant he would be a better doctor than us.

My favorite is when the surgery is going fine and then out of nowhere malignancies attack! and start growing everywhere :laugh:. Good times.

Oh I hope it's trauma center, that game is the shizzleaswompwnage.

"Doctor! patient vitals are low"
let me just inject some of this green stuff....

It is! I was so confused at first but I just figured it out. I love the random tumors that just show up out of no where.

My pre-med bud got 'master surgeon' rating one time. His ego was so big after that, and we don't think he was kidding. He actually thought it meant he would be a better doctor than us.

My favorite is when the surgery is going fine and then out of nowhere malignancies attack! and start growing everywhere :laugh:. Good times.

If you play video games on a regular basis your patients will have significantly better outcomes if you go into a surgical field. However, I'm sure your Trauma Center skill level has no impact on this. LOL@your friend

If you play video games on a regular basis your patients will have significantly better outcomes if you go into a surgical field.

da Vinci Robot
, anyone?

haha. that would be the ultimate Christmas present. something to shoot for next year :laugh:

da Vinci Robot
, anyone?

haha. that would be the ultimate Christmas present. something to shoot for next year :laugh:

Cool! Yikes at the price tag I'm imagining accompanies it ... lol.

Maybe someday ... this year I got an iPhone and I absolutely love it! I actually was never that crazy about getting one (being one of those people that had had the same Razor for the past three years and didn't see any need to upgrade) but since someone got it for me it's pretty sweet. :D

Cold silence from medical schools, that's what I got. And a calendar that has a colorful and unique paper airplane that you can fold for each day (that made me more excited than you would think).

I also got a trip to the ER for my first time. And no, it wasn't to shadow.

I don't do christmas, I do new years presents (silly Russians!)... but I know I'm getting a Stop+Shop gift card. YEAH PRACTICAL GIFTS!!!!
Seriously, I'd rather have my parents essentially get me groceries for 1-1.5 months than get me something useless like a fancy necklace or handbag or something.

C novom godom!

Well, almost, hehe.

A Bianchi road bike. Celeste blue and i am in love

Oh, my, all these iPods... so tasteless! You should upgrade to a Palm Treo Pro; that's where it's at.

Discuss.

is that picture the cover from verve remixed?

now im going to listen to verve remixed. I liked those albums. Anyways the iphone is cool but I think a bit overrated and priced too high per month. I think I made a bad move ditching super cheap-family-plan-verizon for att... but so be it.

Palm is done, game over. End of an era, but they had a good run. I'm quite frankly only interested in what Andriod is going to do once it starts showing up on multiple platforms and carriers. It will be so cool once google finds better integration with its services.

now im going to listen to verve remixed. I liked those albums. Anyways the iphone is cool but I think a bit overrated and priced too high per month. I think I made a bad move ditching super cheap-family-plan-verizon for att... but so be it.

Palm is done, game over. End of an era, but they had a good run. I'm quite frankly only interested in what Andriod is going to do once it starts showing up on multiple platforms and carriers. It will be so cool once google finds better integration with its services.

I agree that Android will be worth a look. However, since it is open-source, you will see ports to almost any smartphone platform (iPhone, Palm, etc.).

After some looking around, I finally got the Treo Pro over the iPhone, and I love it. It's about the same price as an iPhone (maybe a bit more), but it's unlocked and works on any GSM network. The GPS, which is free, works like a charm with Google Maps. Without the dataplan, you have to preload/chache your maps, which is a pain, but it works out okay because you can do this from any Wi-Fi spot, and I save $30 a month. Epocrates works well too ;).

I don't think Palm is dead. It's original OS (Palm OS) was pretty good, but it seems to be phased out with Windows Mobile. The WinMo 6.1 on the Treo Pro seems to be fine.

Edit: You also get a QWERTY keyboard that lets you type stuff at a reasonable pace. Main advantage!

I think windows mobile has failed to keep up with the glaring truth - that it cannot survive without being overhauled. MSFT does not believe that but I have a feeling they are brewing something and it will be big.

Android is still 1.0 but for a first OS, its actually really good. Clever use of making Google the real central point of contacts/mail/whatever. I like that, and I feel like I have the control of sync. The phone is really less important b/c the software is what makes it run so well. Palm is also in a similar spot for the moment, and I think they will either have to come up with somethin mind blowing or just fail. Apple's OS is OK but I think a lot of it feels cool but doesnt have depth or functionality. I like Androids use of a near desktop like experience.

Wow totally off topic.

i stopped getting dvd's, at least of TV shows, because so many can be found on hulu.com and other sites :)

mark me down for a: 3M™ Littmann® Cardiology S.T.C. Stethoscope

mediawebserver
ooo that looks like a nice one..
when are we supposed to get our own stethoscope? hehehe im gonna have my own soon.. how exciting!!

I am taking mine down to get my name engraved on it on Monday (tomorrow). I hope this act will deter unscrupulous pediatricians from claiming propriety of my stethoscope!

Might I ask where you're getting it engraved? I've been looking to get mine engraved now for several months to no avail.

Reef Light so that I could grow coral, but it came broken! :(

:)

Last edited:
Might I ask where you're getting it engraved? I've been looking to get mine engraved now for several months to no avail.

we are taking it down to the local trophy and engraving shop. I'd suppose most trophy shops do a similar service. Heck, all the youth sports leagues gotta get their trophies from somewhere...so it's really just a matter of tracking down a kid in a rec league, stealing his trophy from him, then reading where it was made. :thumbup: ;)

I think you win.
Me = jealous

Here's the plan-
We'll use it to impress ad coms and get ourselves admission into our dream schools. It should definitely work.

:D

It is! I was so confused at first but I just figured it out. I love the random tumors that just show up out of no where.

I LOVE THIS GAME!!! I even got my the one for Wii.

*Lets fuse the bones with some of this antibiotic gel.*:D