So what's the deal with Phillidelphia Schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Phantasmagoria

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have this very odd fascination with philadelphia, and am considering applying to all that they have to offer. If anybody is familiar with Drexel, Penn, Jefferson, Temple, please drop some pros and cons about the schools (location, cirr., people, etc.).

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

...and yes I am aware of the spelling error. please save your breath (err....finger strength).

I believe it was Temple who was put on probation by the AAMC a few years back, in danger of losing their accreditation. However, this can be seen as a positive since they now are pouring money into their facilities, etc

Members don't see this ad :)
I have this very odd fascination with philadelphia, and am considering applying to all that they have to offer. If anybody is familiar with Drexel, Penn, Jefferson, Temple, please drop some pros and cons about the schools (location, cirr., people, etc.).

Thanks

All the Philly schools have been the subject of countless threads. Try using the "Search" feature. *yawn*

Thanks for the input Koennen. Glad you could take the time to reply.

My vote would be to apply to all of them. I went for Jeff and Penn, and I interviewed at both, loved them, and would go to either one. Philly is a great city and they have some excellent programs. I'm from Maine, now live in Boston, and really enjoyed everything Philly had to offer. Fun place for college students. Great history. Excellent food. Relatively safe. Good public transportation.

Penn - obviously, shouldn't even be a question IF you have a chance
Jeff - great program, fantastic reputation in the area (less known outside)
Drexel - next to Penn (that's all I know, sorry)
Temple - center city (also, not much help)

2 for 4? 50%? Ain't too bad? That's better than dub-ya and he's our president.

Thanks for the input Koennen. Glad you could take the time to reply.[/QOUTE]

Hey, that's what I'm here for. To answer questions that have been answered 10,000 times before just because someone is too lazy to look for them him/herself.

Penn - obviously, shouldn't even be a question IF you have a chance
Jeff - great program, fantastic reputation in the area (less known outside)
Drexel - next to Penn (that's all I know, sorry)
Temple - center city (also, not much help)

Well, at least my response (had I made one) would have been accurate. :laugh:

koennen - you are the reason the world hates premeds. and why premeds hate premeds. and why people who have legit questions and concerns feel that they have nobody out there that they can turn to for help. If it hurts you so much to field questions, I wish you all the luck as a physician. I'm sure your patients will love it when you charge a $15 copay to send them to webMD.

phantasmagoria - I apologize for misleading you on the location of Temple and Drexel. But if you have questions about the two schools that I do actually know a little bit about, feel free to PM me. (I promise I'll read it, unlike the PM I'll get from koennen when he sees I PMed him a mean name, woops).

koennen - you are the reason the world hates premeds. and why premeds hate premeds. and why people who have legit questions and concerns feel that they have nobody out there that they can turn to for help. If it hurts you so much to field questions, I wish you all the luck as a physician. I'm sure your patients will love it when you charge a $15 copay to send them to webMD.

Aww... now you made me feel bad. :laugh: :laugh:

By the way, did Law2Doc, who originally corrected you on the location of the Philly schools, also get a PM from you calling him obscene names? Or should I feel special that that display of immaturity was reserved for me?