So what's the news (MCW Interviewees for 2/22)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dedikated2liftn

Bodybuilder
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, letters were sent out yesterday...how'd ya do?

Members don't see this ad.

While USPS may be good, I doubt they'd get the letter to me this quickly; consequently, I don't know yet....I live in St. Louis.

Members don't see this ad :)
While USPS may be good, I doubt they'd get the letter to me this quickly; consequently, I don't know yet....I live in St. Louis.

I guess you'll most likely get your decision on Monday then.

Good luck!

Do you guys remember what the earliest date is to find out our position on the waitlist?

Do you guys remember what the earliest date is to find out our position on the waitlist?

I believe they said sometime in May. I'm guessing that it may be the 15th since that's a pretty big day for all parties involved.

I figured it was sometime in April/May since that's when they're going to be hearing back from most of their acceptances, but for some reason I have stuck in my head that Istawan said sometime in March...

yea, I also remember hearing sometime in May.

i remember him saying that there are about 15 seats available and there were 60 of us there, but does anyone know for sure how many seats were open...still waiting on my letter but should be a couple more days before it reaches maryland

i remember him saying that there are about 15 seats available and there were 60 of us there, but does anyone know for sure how many seats were open...still waiting on my letter but should be a couple more days before it reaches maryland

Don't know for sure about the 15 open seats. When I heard that, I was surprised because I thought when he first mentioned there are a handful that he meant maybe 2-3 spots left. I have no idea if roughly 15 seats were really available for direct acceptances.

Does anyone know if MCW initially overaccepts people? or do they only accept the size of their class and have good waitlist movement later on?

Does anyone know if MCW initially overaccepts people? or do they only accept the size of their class and have good waitlist movement later on?

From what I understand, they accept the class size. Which is why they say they could accept X people, and THEN they start interviewing specifically for the waitlist.

Waitlist movement is dependent on the year. It ranges from a lot to a little.

From what I understand, they accept the class size. Which is why they say they could accept X people, and THEN they start interviewing specifically for the waitlist.

Waitlist movement is dependent on the year. It ranges from a lot to a little.

Thanks for the reply Ashers! Do you know roughly how many applicants are placed on the waitlist?

From what Istwan said at my interview, they give direct acceptances to X number of people over the class size based on accumulated stats throughout the years of how many of those direct acceptances withdraw (I want to say he said around 350 total direct acceptances). So once they hit that X number of direct acceptances, then they interview solely for the waitlist.

Thanks for the reply Ashers! Do you know roughly how many applicants are placed on the waitlist?

I think that depends on how many they want to put on it. When I was on it, there were about 150. A few years before I interviewed, an entire class was taken from the waitlist (200). If they interviewed 600 people and admitted 200, technically, they could have 400 people on the waitlist.

So how did everybody do???

Waitlisted...as expected. Congrats in advance to those who managed to swing an acceptance.

Anyone get accepted or rejected?