So what's up with golijan?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jonathanwillgetit

Membership Revoked
Removed
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
so like people who get high scores repeatedly say they answered like 3-4 questions from golijan, like this info wasn't found anywhere else, so like wtf this is such a dense book and what is chance that even if you learned it once you will remember those 2-3 points that will show up on exam? so is it worth to go for it still for high score?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes.
Those 3-4 questions decide a high score but it's the law of diminishing returns - you have to put in a lot of effort to get those 3-4 questions right for a 260+
agree on the law of diminishing returns but still i don't think it is that simple

How much you' ve got if you don't mind asking and so you think audios are enough right?

I only used the audios on the side when Iwas driving. Did not finish them all and didn't use them as a primary source. I was just saying if you don't think you learn much from reading a book over and over, there's no point in trying to do that. Do what works for you. The audios are what stuck for me. Got a 257....I doubt anyone can attribute their score to one resource

Reactions: 1 user
I only used the audios on the side when Iwas driving. Did not finish them all and didn't use them as a primary source. I was just saying if you don't think you learn much from reading a book over and over, there's no point in trying to do that. Do what works for you. The audios are what stuck for me. Got a 257
Great score grats, so what other resources you used?

so like people who get high scores repeatedly say they answered like 3-4 questions from golijan, like this info wasn't found anywhere else

The same could probably be said for a lot of the good resources out there. Each resource probably has those few golden unique points buried in them, but its just not possible to make every resource part of your preparation. I did buy the Goljan book and also acquired the audio tapes, but after one look at the book and listening to the audio for a few minutes I was sure Goljan was not going to be part of my Step 1 prep. Pathoma just felt right to me and I am glad I decided to stick with Pathoma. On exam day, I had a few questions on pretty much every block that I felt were right off Pathoma/things that Dr. Sattar had explained in his videos.

The same could probably be said for a lot of the good resources out there. Each resource probably has those few golden unique points buried in them, but its just not possible to make every resource part of your preparation. I did buy the Goljan book and also acquired the audio tapes, but after one look at the book and listening to the audio for a few minutes I was sure Goljan was not going to be part of my Step 1 prep. Pathoma just felt right to me and I am glad I decided to stick with Pathoma. On exam day, I had a few questions on pretty much every block that I felt were right off Pathoma/things that Dr. Sattar had explained in his videos.
did you get your score back? i guess choice also depends on time you have till exam

did you get your score back? i guess choice also depends on time you have till exam

Yes, I got my score a few weeks ago.

Regardless of the time you have on hand, I think its best to stick to one good resource that suits you well - probably doesn't matter which one you choose. Your time can be better invested in practicing more questions. I wouldn't want to go through a book that makes me hate life itself, lol.