So when does your school start????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

s42brown

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be headed up to Kirksville next week and our orientation kicks off with our white coat ceremony on Aug 16. I thought it would be cool to get an idea of when all of my fellow docs will be starting their long journey of becoming a physician. ;)

Members don't see this ad.

MSUCOM's orientation begins August 18th and then the real fun begins the 25th! Yikes!

(Required) Orientation at UNE starts Monday, July 28th, at 8am! Classes start on Wednesday and I hear that we'll be in the gross lab that day..... :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Orienation at LECOM starts on July 30th and classes begin on Aug 4th.

We start at CCOM Sept 8th. I think we have the latest start date. Our orientation is from Sept. 3-5.

DMU's orientation starts Aug. 4, classes start Aug. 11, and there's pre-orientation activities beginning next week sometime. Fun :D

VCOM's orientation starts on August 14th with dedication day on the 16th. Classes begin on Aug 18th.

Good Luck to everyone in their first year! :D

TUCOM orientation is Aug 6-8 and classes begin Aug 11th.

Good luck everyone!

AZCOM has orientation August 27th-29th and classes begin September 2nd.

Looks like UNE takes the cake by beginning in four days. And I though LECOM was early.

NSUCOM orientation begins on Aug 4. White coat ceremony on Aug 10. Classes beginning on Aug 11.

It seems everyone (DO and MD) I know has their white coat ceremony before they start school or soon after. At AZCOM, we don't do it until October. I wonder why that is?

White coat August 3, orientation August 4 first day of schoola on Aug 11 :love:

No happy COMPers? (sorry)

Orientation August 6th, picnic/ice cream social, etc on the 7th and 8th, convocation and white coat on the 9th, new life on the 11th.

NSUCOM orientation begins on Aug 4. White coat ceremony on Aug 10. Classes beginning on Aug 11

Wow, Nova has seven days of orientation. Well I guess that makes sense, it would take me seven days to drag my aurss off the beach and into a class room:p :p :p

Ohio University-COM orientation begins september 2nd. white coat ceremony on september 28th. my lease starts on the 1st, but hopefully the landlord lets me move in a couple days before that!

PCSOM- Orientation the 11th, class start the 18th.

Yeah NSUCOM has a week of orientation. It could be made shorter, but for some reason it is extended the whole week. I think it is just a way to make us wear a shirt and tie for an entire week.;)

UNE people--how did your first day of orientation go? What all did you do?