so which ms1 has the biggest syllabus so far?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

big_bud

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
my stack of syllabi since the end of august is approximately 24 inches thick..

a ream of 500 sheets is approx. 2 inches thick..

so it would seem we've gone through 6000 sheets, or 12,000 pages of material. (!!!)

they ain't kidding when they say med school's tough.

Members don't see this ad.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by big_bud:
•my stack of syllabi since the end of august is approximately 24 inches thick..

a ream of 500 sheets is approx. 2 inches thick..

so it would seem we've gone through 6000 sheets, or 12,000 pages of material. (!!!)

they ain't kidding when they say med school's tough.•••••You may be overestimating the number of pages because the original syllabi usually come neatly pressed (ours do at least). They probably expand 2-3x once you have turned through all the pages, because of trapped air. So it's really only ~4000-6000 pages so far... :wink:

We've gone through about four syllabi so far (not counting our Foundations of Patient Care one) with approximately 2800 pages of material. Definitely not light reading either... :D

what are you both complaining about? Having thick syllaby does not mean you actually read all of it, especially the foundations to patient care. So stop acting as if it is so tough.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by intraining:
•what are you both complaining about? Having thick syllaby does not mean you actually read all of it, especially the foundations to patient care. So stop acting as if it is so tough.•••••Ummm... you got me on that one. I guess the bottom line is that size doesn't matter and it's what you do with it that counts. :D