• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

so who actually used/is using kaplan qbank?

drdr2010

Sleepy intern
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2003
The Crescent City
  1. Resident [Any Field]
    i used both for Step 1. i like the format, content and explanations for Uworld better. i felt like Kaplan was so focused on minutiae and random obscure things that it just freaked me out. i wish i could have gotten a refund...

i ended up finishing all of Uworld and most (90% i think) of Qbank before step 1. the actual exam felt just like Uworld in terms of difficulty and length of the question stems. i got a 245 and was very happy with that score. i am using Uworld again now for 3rd year rotations/Step 2.

i think Uworld is also cheaper, if that influences your decision :)

About the Ads

GMDMD

10+ Year Member
    Dec 29, 2007
    1. Medical Student
      I would say Kaplan is more like the real thing- long annoying obscure passages, much more likely to test you on random junk.

IMO UWorld is better for LEARNING. Questions are harder, stems are shorter, but the important thing is you learn a lot. Which i think is 95% of the fight.

I was satisfied with Kaplan until I tried World. I tried to go back to Kaplan but i couldn't stand it.

As I've mentioned before however, the kaplan biostats and WWJD questions are pretty good practice.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.