so who actually used/is using kaplan qbank?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chef

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
seems like kaplan qbank is definitely not very popular here compared to UW.. why is that? is anyone actually using it?

Members don't see this ad.

I've used both. World questions are harder, require more steps, and are more like actual Step 1 questions than Kaplan.

i used both for Step 1. i like the format, content and explanations for Uworld better. i felt like Kaplan was so focused on minutiae and random obscure things that it just freaked me out. i wish i could have gotten a refund...

i ended up finishing all of Uworld and most (90% i think) of Qbank before step 1. the actual exam felt just like Uworld in terms of difficulty and length of the question stems. i got a 245 and was very happy with that score. i am using Uworld again now for 3rd year rotations/Step 2.

i think Uworld is also cheaper, if that influences your decision :)

I would say Kaplan is more like the real thing- long annoying obscure passages, much more likely to test you on random junk.

IMO UWorld is better for LEARNING. Questions are harder, stems are shorter, but the important thing is you learn a lot. Which i think is 95% of the fight.

I was satisfied with Kaplan until I tried World. I tried to go back to Kaplan but i couldn't stand it.

As I've mentioned before however, the kaplan biostats and WWJD questions are pretty good practice.