So who has no II yet!?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nabilesmail

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
And when were you complete on average?

I had most of my secondaries done between 1st-2nd week of Augsut, 0 rejections 0 II lol

Panic on!

Members don't see this ad.

This question would be more suitable in say mid-november, when most people are complete. No? I just thought that would be a more appropriate time since AMCAS is taking some time to verify applications and all.

Members don't see this ad :)
And when were you complete on average?

I had most of my secondaries done between 1st-2nd week of Augsut, 0 rejections 0 II lol

Panic on!

Really? I hope this doesn't sound rude but like it's only been a month. I submitted most of my apps the first week of July and the latest batch mid-July and a couple in mid-August (late secondary arrival) and lastly Colorado (late secondary arrival) and I didn't heard back for the first 26 days but then suddenly I got one, then two weeks later another one...then a week ago I got another and this week I got another one. They just keep rolling in. Best idea is to submit ASAP but im sure you'll still get a couple if your stats/mcat/essays are good with no red flags.

None for me yet. Been complete for most schools from mid to late August.

None for me either. Excluding a few completions later in the month, I've been complete at most schools since the first and second week of August (several secondaries took longer to arrive).

Dumb question...does II not stand for secondary?

2 rejections, 2 holds, 0 II's. I've been sporadically doing secodaries since July and finished most by mid August.

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't get my first interview invite until Dec. Just be patient for now.

Seeing your mdapps reminds me that dreams do indeed come true. Shocked that you didn't get invites earlier with such baller numbers. Dang.

Haha, sorry, I know the process a bit as I am a reapplicant, I was just curious as to the dates from which people are complete and who is getting II.

It seems we're all in the same position, August completions haven't really been reached yet.

Shaker and Chillax, Lets get this ish done! Here is to getting an acceptance before December , so I can drop out of school and work for 6 months!

I wish you guys the best in this cycle.

Good luck all.

This is normal.

same here--but I'm expecting to have close to no interviews at all this cycle.

Had an unexpected MCAT retake...scheduled for 9/11. Which will majorly delay my apps, hence feeling screwed this cycle but I already completed most of my secondaries except for some schools.

Oh well if I reapply next year, I will have everything in on the first day! :D

I submitted AMCAS on the 12th, all my secondaries pretty much immediately after receiving them (was complete 7/13 at my first school) and just got my first II yesterday (!!!!!!) so I wouldn't worry yet.

@nabilesmile, you probably recognize me from last year's thread. We had really similar app and I went 1II and 26R last cycle. I just want to offer some encouragement and blessing hoping your cycle will go well. My cycle has been unbelievable already. I will potentially hear back from 7 schools in October. PM me if you'd like details.

Goodluck to you and theshaker, we are all frequent lukers on last year's panic thread!

WOW congrats man! thats incredible, to think you almost waited year!

Still on the no news train except for 1 hold, 1 rejection, 1 small pool :/

WOW congrats man! thats incredible, to think you almost waited year!

Still on the no news train except for 1 hold, 1 rejection, 1 small pool :/

Same here.
I was verified back in July. Had all secondaries in around 1st to 2nd week of August. I have one rejection and one II from my state school.

Everyone else is just silent, its killing me.

I have a question. So some schools have been sending out rejections to people that have been complete way later than I was, but for me they are just silent. Is it possible that they might send me a random II in January or something? Is that how this works?

I have a question. So some schools have been sending out rejections to people that have been complete way later than I was, but for me they are just silent. Is it possible that they might send me a random II in January or something? Is that how this works?

Yes.

Add me to this train. 3 rejections, no II, complete July and some August.

complete between late august and ow...still working on secondaries...1 interview from state school. THIS IS TORTURE. worst nightmare is i get no more interviews this cycle.

complete between late august and ow...still working on secondaries...1 interview from state school. THIS IS TORTURE. worst nightmare is i get no more interviews this cycle.

dude 1 ii that early is great... last year i didnt get an ii until 2 months after being complete, youve barely been waiting!

Pre-interview hold at SUNY upstate(rejection)
rejected from EVMS, Wayne, and Rosalind Franklin

5 DO interviews so far...been silent on the rest of MD schools

So has anyone figured out which completion dates are being looked at currently? And are people talking sec submission dates or completion ???
Really confused ...some of my early Aug submissions are still not marked "complete " though they show everything received.... or just "ready for review" ...anyone else suffering the same?

I'm in the same boat man. Complete everywhere 3rd week of august or so, with a few thrown in at the very beginning of september. Applied to ~25 schools, and only heard back from one. The one did give me a decision within 9 days, but its harsh to receive a rejection that quickly lol. And to potentially answer your question, I've heard some schools will continue to have "Ready for Review" right until they make their decision i.e. Michigan.

But yea, this waiting is just the worst. Nothing for us to do except neurotically check our emails and status pages. I think its even worse than waiting for the MCAT score, because with that at least you know that you could fairly easily sign up for another retake with much smaller financial considerations than letting 25 secondaries eat up your wallet.

Best of Luck to all

Submitted most of my secondaries mid July - August... 3 rejections, silence from 31 others... YAYSOFUN.

Texas applicant here, did TMDSAS for all schools.

Submitted May 9th, necessary secondaries submitted by mid-June. As of yet, 0 rejections, 0 IIs. Not sure if good thing or really bad thing.

This is exactly how I feel snowys435. It is also annoying because I realize I can't complain because an interview is an interview. I just hope some schools outside of my zip code show me some love! Otherwise, I'll have dropped ~ 3K on apps for nothing :scared:

3 rejections, 1 hold, 2 small pools, 0 II

complete mostly end of july/early august

3 rejections, 1 hold, 2 small pools, 0 II

complete mostly end of july/early august

Haha Almsot exactly similar as I have 2 small pools too

LOL same submission date and same MCAT and same GPA (3.6, 34) though I have a 9 in verbal and a bad grade trend lo

18 Completes (all since ~9/12-ish)
0 Rejections
1 II

Last edited:
When is it considered to be an early II? I've seen a lot of people commenting that its still early in the cycle, so I was curious since its my first time applying.

When is it considered to be an early II? I've seen a lot of people commenting that its still early in the cycle, so I was curious since its my first time applying.

early II go out august/september, id say regular timing for people is then october-december, then once it becomes the new year then its just a nerve wracking time between january-march where the last of the II will trickle out

considering youre URM and have 4 II already, your chances are looking very good

No II's or rejections yet. Was complete late July to mid August at most schools. I'm still "under review" or "ready to be reviewed" at most schools.

Interviewed at 2 DO schools, with 2 more scheduled, and I'm expecting 3-4 more.

early II go out august/september, id say regular timing for people is then october-december, then once it becomes the new year then its just a nerve wracking time between january-march where the last of the II will trickle out

considering youre URM and have 4 II already, your chances are looking very good

Thanks for the info! Its definitely a stressful and long process! Good luck! :)

All aboard the interview train! Next stop.... uhhh.... wait, does this thing have any stops? :scared: