So...who has the absolute latest interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cirrus83

Too old for this
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Haha, posting this since I just got an April 18th invite from Buffalo.

Anybody got me beat?

P.S. Thank you in-state preference and NY state residency! Seriously, all 3 interviews I get are at SUNYs...no love from private NY schools or OOS schools...ouch.

Members don't see this ad.

Anybody got me beat?

P.S. Thank you in-state preference and NY state residency! Seriously, all 3 interviews I get are at SUNYs...no love from private NY schools or OOS schools...ouch.

hahha no one wants to beat you :laugh:

Everyone else has had more interviews than me:eek:

Anybody got me beat?

Had an interview from Buffalo, great school but I'm currently waitlisted :(

I would kill to have another SUNY interview, as a native NYer, I have a lot of regional pride and would love to attend medical school here!

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't worry about being waitlisted at Buffalo. They regularly take the top 2/3rds of the waitlist into their class. Consider it a deferred acceptance. :p

good luck at your Buffalo interview:)
yay I need some SDN classmates.

Anybody got me beat?

I beat you...April 24th at NYMC...not sure if I will go though

April 26!

But I chose that date among earlier ones, so it's partly by design.

I interviewed for the waitlist at Rosalind Franklin after May 15 last year.

I didn't get in, but I think some people in my group might have made it on to the waitlist. It was pretty low odds.

Had they told you when they invited you that you were interviewing for the waitlist?

Had they told you when they invited you that you were interviewing for the waitlist?

I don't know if they told me at the invite. But I'm pretty sure it was abundantly clear by the time I had checked it out on SDN and I believe they made the situation clear at the interview... Still, since I didn't have any acceptances, I took what I could get.

There is still hope for some of you. I received an interview on friday april 6th from temple. I submitted my application in august so they took a while to get around to me.

Good luck to all,
dave

I don't know if they told me at the invite. But I'm pretty sure it was abundantly clear by the time I had checked it out on SDN and I believe they made the situation clear at the interview... Still, since I didn't have any acceptances, I took what I could get.
Hmm, did they actually tell you anything during the interview? I'm interviewing April 12. I heard your chances are pretty good post interview, but it's pretty late...

Members don't see this ad :)
There is still hope for some of you. I received an interview on friday april 6th from temple. I submitted my application in august so they took a while to get around to me.

Good luck to all,
dave

Same situation here
Got an invitation on the April 5th, scheduled for interview on 11th at Temple!
That was one expensive plane ticket to buy!

April 30th at SLU.

When did you receive your SLU invite? And do you know the last date of interviews at SLU? I thought all hope was pretty much lost for those of us without invties on the SLU front.

I got my interview sometime during the last week of March sometime.. the 27th, maybe?

May 1st is the last day that they're interviewing, per the calendar that you use to sign up... sorry to disappoint anybody! It was a surprise to get one this late, but I'm still going. Can't hurt, right?

I just got an interview invite today (April 9) from Drexel...quite odd

Hmm, did they actually tell you anything during the interview? I'm interviewing April 12. I heard your chances are pretty good post interview, but it's pretty late...

I'm trying to remember the details of a school that rejected me a year ago... but I believe they did spell out how the process would work.

IIRC, they told us that the class was full and that we would be interviewing for the waitlist. I believe they told us when we would hear about that.

I interview there this week too, I dont think its for the waitlist just yet. But I am not sure.

all the temple interviews are for waitlist now. I had an interview at temple last week and my interviewer, who is ex-dean of medical school, told me that ppl are who are interviewing right now will be all be wailisted and then accepted or not.

When I got an invite to NYMC, the choice of dates were from April 30th to the end of that week, May 4th. I cancelled the interview, but that's the latest date I've seen so far.

all the temple interviews are for waitlist now. I had an interview at temple last week and my interviewer, who is ex-dean of medical school, told me that ppl are who are interviewing right now will be all be wailisted and then accepted or not.

when i interviewed at temple (granted, in january), a guy in my group was told that he was interviewing for a spot on the waitlist. i got in two weeks later.

don't lose hope!

woah, i interview at buffalo on April 11th (2 days away!!). I thought that was kind of late; but, then again, buffalo is interviewing until May 2nd according to Mr. Rosso. Also, I haven't heard back from Temple, Drexel or Mt. Sinai... and I've been complete since October. Is it fair to assume that I've just been rejected? My guess is... probably.

i had SLU invite for april 24 but i gave it up hope it helps someone