So who here applied to the most schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uclaussr

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My bank account sure feels like I did...44 schools. I guess i'll be eating Ramen noodles and nothing else for the next few months. Better safe than sorry though, hopefully!
Anyone else here apply to that many?
Whats the most you've heard of someone applying to?

Members don't see this ad.

I recently saw an applicant on mdapplicants who applied to 48. Combination of MD and DO.

My bank account sure feels like I did...44 schools. I guess i'll be eating Ramen noodles and nothing else for the next few months. Better safe than sorry though, hopefully!

Ouch. How in the hell did you get through all of those secondaries?! :eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
Sat my bootay down for days and typed away at those secondaries...still waiting on some actually.

honestly it is better to spend more applying and get in somewhere than to save money on your apps and not get in.

25 schools here. My wallet has been giving me the silent treatment as of late. And my lunches consist of an apple and granola bars.. But if I can just get into ONE school, it'll all be sooo worth it.

I talked to one guy on here who did 37? I'm actually very curious how that worked out.

My goodness, how can anyone afford those kind of interviews? Imagine some poor chap that got waitlisted/rejected at all 37 of his interviews or something after flying out there etc.

I cannot see how you guys justify applying to so many schools. I understand the idea of applying broadly to increase your odds of an acceptance, but if you are rejected from more than 10-15 schools, I don't think applying to more schools will help your case. That many rejections should be enough to tell you that you have a glaring issue with your application, IMO.

I cannot see how you guys justify applying to so many schools. I understand the idea of applying broadly to increase your odds of an acceptance, but if you are rejected from more than 10-15 schools, I don't think applying to more schools will help your case. That many rejections should be enough to tell you that you have a glaring issue with your application, IMO.

Depends on a bunch of factors. A huge factor is state of residence. The application process has a huge numbers component to it. The rate of interviews of several schools is somewhere between 5-15%. If you are from CA, your state schools have an interview rate this low. Hence, even a strong application may only yield 1-2 interviews/10 applications.

Beat all of you guys…..44+48+25+37 = 154. Can I have my medal now?

I recently saw an applicant on mdapplicants who applied to 48. Combination of MD and DO.

Hahahahaha, that would be me I think!!!!

20 MD through AMCAS, 20 DO through AACOMAS, and 8 Texas schools through TMDSAS... Yes, applying to 48 schools is crazy... I finished, and had to pay for, 45 secondaries. Not to mention do all of the essays for them. I did each of the secondaries within an hour of receiving them, I just didn't want to get behind... I was finished by mid July with almost everything... I look back at it and I have no freaking idea how I did this. Straight out of the gate with a highly motivated attitude I guess. Also, this is my third time applying. It is not my first rodeo… And I had to apply to as many schools as I could because I am not doing this over again. Let's hope... :xf: Id say that I spent about $4200 or so all together on just applications... Totally worth it in my opinion because doing another cycle adds up... Time and money would be wasted in that case...

I initially applied to like 40something schools (I probably said it somewhere here back when I actually applied) but only finished like 35 or 36 secondaries. Totally painful, totally doable.

Hahahahaha, that would be me I think!!!!

20 MD through AMCAS, 20 DO through AACOMAS, and 8 Texas schools through TMDSAS... Yes, applying to 48 schools is crazy... I finished, and had to pay for, 45 secondaries. Not to mention do all of the essays for them. I did each of the secondaries within an hour of receiving them, I just didn’t want to get behind... I was finished by mid July with almost everything... I look back at it and I have no freaking idea how I did this. Straight out of the gate with a highly motivated attitude I guess. Also, this is my third time applying. It is not my first rodeo… And I had to apply to as many schools as I could because I am not doing this over again. Let’s hope... :xf: Id say that I spent about $4200 or so all together on just applications... Totally worth it in my opinion because doing another cycle adds up... Time and money would be wasted in that case...

Oh, wow. It was! Haha. What a coincidence, considering I was simply browsing Georgetown apps when I found it!

This guy I met at one of my interviews said he applied to 60 schools this cycle. I have no idea how that's humanly possible.