1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

So Who's going to TUFTS this fall?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by babakaram02, Feb 25, 2002.

1. babakaram02

babakaram02 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Just wanted to see if anyone on this board is also headed to Tufts; where you're from and where you are planing on living.

2. sarahs

sarahs Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I received my accepatnce last week and am leaning toward Tufts. Have you started to search for housing yet? How or what will you be doing to find a place?

3. Viraj

Viraj Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I will be going to Tufts this fall. I haven't looked for any housing yet, but I have freind in first year, who stays at the dorm, and says that he really like it very much, so probably University housing wouldn't be bad thing for a year.
    Viraj

4. babakaram02

7+ Year Member

I'm still not sure about where I'm gonna live. My friend who is a first year there says that its very convinient specially in the first semester when you're taking gross anatomy. I checked out posner hall when I was there for the interview, its not bad at all. Only a two minute walk from the dental building.

5. Viraj

Viraj Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

My freind is a first year dental student there too, and I did check the Posner Hall, it is really very convinient, as it is near by the school, and surely cheaper than the appartments.

6. sarahs

sarahs Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I don't think i would mind the dorms too much, bu when I went for the interview I was told that there was only 39 dorms and they were on a first come first serve basis. Does anyone know how to put your name on the list for dorms----also I was wondering if anyone saw the posting about collecting teeth? Is that something we should be considering or doing?

7. babakaram02

7+ Year Member

Sarahs,

I think Posner hall has 4 floors and from what Mark said they have 60-65 spots for dental students each year ( the bottom two floors are for med students). From what I was told, they will mail housing stuff in mid march and you have to sign up for it then. The tooth collecting thing I don't know about. let me know if you find out.

8. Deuce4321

Deuce4321 Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

I will be attending Tufts this fall. Looking foward to seeing you all there. I am going up there at the end of March so if anyone has any questions I will be happy to find out for them.

9. sanara

sanara Member
    7+ Year Member

Baba and Sarahs where did you guys go to school in CA? I think it's so interesting that half of tufts class is coposed of Clifornians. I'm from LA and debating between tufts and Penn. :p

10. jase133

jase133 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Has any of you found a housing website for the area, specifically for students?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. sarahs

sarahs Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Sanara, I think we actually interviewed on the same day. I went to CSUS---- you are a grad student from UCLA aren't you? Have you decided between Tufts and Penn yet?

12. babakaram02

7+ Year Member

I went to UCSD for undergrad. Its cool to go to school with people from so cal all the way in boston.

13. Viraj

Viraj Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I got accepted to Tufts too. I wanna know why are you guys choosing Tufts. I am really confused as I don't know which school I should pick between Tufts, Pitt, and Meharry.