So you go to a great job Iv and then they low ball you...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tartesos

Medalaganario
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had a great time in this interview with all the guys in a nice group, nice(not great) area it's all going stellar, only thing missing is high giving each other on the room.
And then they come up with a salary that you know there's no way it can get close to what you want....
My jaw dropped....

Members don't see this ad.

ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1450134787.506643.jpg

Makes me feel better

Reactions: 1 user
I had a great time in this interview with all the guys in a nice group, nice(not great) area it's all going stellar, only thing missing is high giving each other on the room.
And then they come up with a salary that you know there's no way it can get close to what you want....
My jaw dropped....

Send me a PM. What were they offering?? What was the deal??

Members don't see this ad :)
I have to admit...I thought that was a glass of pee at first.

My jaw dropped....

Many guys have no clue what the market truly will support or what they're worth, there are places that prey on that.

Many guys have no clue what the market truly will support or what they're worth, there are places that prey on that.

I guess I had too much hope on the place, my wife and I loved it and we had met a guy from the group that spoke wonders about his shop... But there's no place for feelings in business!

Median is 386k from 2014 data

I have not been to an Iv that offered me less than 360k...
Although market and supply and demand play a part it was not a big city by any means....

I'm disappointed in the low offer and too butt hurt to want to negotiate it...

Median is 386k from 2014 data

I have not been to an Iv that offered me less than 360k...
Not sure what deal they gave you exactly, but a quick search on Medscape for 2014 showed the map I've attached -- that's not base salaries, that's what physicians are making per year total (including bonuses).

It's sometimes difficult to increase your base salary or even your percentage of bonus... but you can do other things to increase your "income" like ask about matching your 401k or paying for CME, moving costs, etc. A lot of private practices are more willing to negotiate on those things -- so think outside the box.

Attachments

• fig6.jpg
    fig6.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 158
Look at the data behind these charts. They tend to be based off 1-2 data points. And then don't give any details about their job position.

Reactions: 1 users
Look at the data behind these charts. They tend to be based off 1-2 data points. And then don't give any details about their job position.
It's also not very useful in the sense that even within each state there is a huge variation in income depending on location / physician saturation. Averages don't tell half the story.

It's also not very useful in the sense that even within each state there is a huge variation in income depending on location / physician saturation. Averages don't tell half the story.

Thanks for the info.
I was being sentimental... But I chose one position and sent my signed intention letter. Waiting on contract... Almost a wrap!