So you want to go to India and become a doc is it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Serious

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thats what you want to do right? Maybe save some money, save some time, make your parents happy, you hate the SATs... maaaan you have no idea what your walking into.

For your consideration:

But first lets admit it - (for to those that apply): you want an out, an escape, a runner runner nuts hand, a freakin miracle to save your ***. You probably f*cked up in college, wasted an *** load of money and your parents are griping that no one is going to marry you... then by all means, get your *** to India - its a miracle and saving grace to make a something out of the **** you created.

This post is not for those who need a second chance but rather for those still in high school. I get pretty shocked with a 16 year comes up to me and asks me a million questions about studying in India. I am like bro relax, you haven't even taken your SATs...you dont even have a driver's license and you want to leave the country. So I asked for the reasons... their like save MONEY, TIME, I want be a doc, "why?" , because of the MONNNNEY. Always about the money. I am trying to explain, your getting a discount education for a discount price. Are they stupid to teach for half the cost? Have you seen two Indians barter for a deal... sh*ts never ending... the Indian dealer knows how to count his money. Remember that.

You want to save time? Plenty of 6 year med programs out there http://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080210220308AAbroPJ
(Howard. Northeastern Ohio Univ, Rush Medical, Univ of Miami etc.). Whats going to happen when you decide to come to India is that you are here for 5.5 years. 4.5 years spent learning and one year in rotations. YOU WILL NOT BE USMLE READY. Coursework in India is not geared towards USMLEs. You will have to take your own time to study for them... the luxury statistic of +90% pass for first time takers from US med schools DOES NOT APPLY TO YOU. Approx. 55% - 65% of you will FAIL the USMLE the first try as an FMG *Foreign Medical Graduate*. Your not getting an easy route coming to India. YOU WILL HAVE LEAST CONSIDERATION FOR RESIDENCY PROGRAMS. Remember this too.

Finally for the parents. For the parents for the Parents because I know they read these boards to get info where to send their kid... Don't be fooled in thinking your child will be cultured being in India... Grass grows here too you know and they smoke it just the same.

Members don't see this ad.

What if you want to go to india for the experience????