so you write a thank you note to your interviewer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bruceleehiiiyaa

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
how do you know they recieved it? especially email wise, what if we sent it to an email they never check?! usually, doctors tend to have one public email box and one private box.

what do you think?

Members don't see this ad.

how do you know they recieved it? especially email wise, what if we sent it to an email they never check?! usually, doctors tend to have one public email box and one private box.

what do you think?

Don't worry about it. You're only doing it out of common courtesy anyways, and it won't have any bearing on your application, so if you at least make the effort, your conscience can feel clear.

what do you think?

My suggestion is to send a hand-written thank you note. Hand-written is much more thoughtful and personal, and I think it would make a better impression than an email. If you don't have your interviewer's office address, then contact the admissions office at the school and see if you can mail it in their care. Many admissions offices will be happy to pass on your letter to your interviewer and that way you can make sure it was received.

Members don't see this ad :)
if you email, sometimes they email you back.

Yeah, while handwritten may be more personal, I do not think it's a big deal if you just send them an email. If you find their work email online, they are most likely going to read it, because they probably receive a lot of important work-related material in that inbox.

i went halfway,

i sent an email, but attached a PDF file, complete with signature. :thumbup:
im def getting in now. :soexcited:

what do you think?

You know, I don't care if they get the note, I just think it's nice to send it. Maybe some secretary gets it and sends it to the right person.

I don't know if it makes any difference but my mother said that it's polite to thank someone who is nice to you in any way that you can especially if they take time out of their busy schedule to do interviews.

Thank you notes are just a courtesy. It won't help you get in, it's just a nice thing to do.

That said, I just send by email...especially if they give me their email address at the interview. I prefer sending email instead of handwritten, it generally ensures they get the note (wheras a handwritten note may take a while).

what do you think?
don't you mean one work and one personal? they will always check their work email, its the preferred method of communication for every business and academic institution i know of in the US. ask them for it at the interview.

Seriously, don't worry about it. Assume they got it, but it really doesn't matter whatsoever :rolleyes: