SOAP: If We Haven't Heard By Now

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Print1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it over?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm by no means an expert here... but no way is it over!

I remember reading some things on here that indicate it's not over by any means. A program director even chimed in and said he'd be reviewing SOAP applications on Monday evening if he ended up with unfilled spots. I imagine that a lot will happen on Tuesday. And then, as per the schedule, the first round of offers will start on Wednesday.

Hang in there... it's not over yet.

I'm guessing that many programs had a fairly normal work day today and probably haven't even had that much time to deal with SOAP.

Think about it, not everyone can take the day off assuming they will go unfilled...that would be a wasted work day. So I'm sure most had a 'normal' work day.

I'm guessing that many programs had a fairly normal work day today and probably haven't even had that much time to deal with SOAP.

Think about it, not everyone can take the day off assuming they will go unfilled...that would be a wasted work day. So I'm sure most had a 'normal' work day.

They wouldn't really be taking the day off. They would just be doing their normal job. Program directors/assistant program directors, etc. have as part of their job description, administering the program.

If they had to take a day off to deal with this kind of stuff, then they likely have a host of other problems as well and would likely end up being cited by the ACGME at their institutional and/or program site visit for failure to provide adequate time to effectively administer the program.

Not necessarily over if you haven't received a call yet. I just had two phone interviews with two PD's. Wasn't even expecting it. Both gave me their cell phone numbers and said they'll be available until 9-10 if I had any questions tonight or tomorrow. It sounded like they had a buttload of apps they had to sort through. I was told that his program received well over 500 applications and unlike back in the old scramble days where we did the work by calling in and sending in our paperwork, he had sit and sort and then call, leave a msg if interviewee not available and then continue through the night. So keep hope.

They wouldn't really be taking the day off. They would just be doing their normal job. Program directors/assistant program directors, etc. have as part of their job description, administering the program.

If they had to take a day off to deal with this kind of stuff, then they likely have a host of other problems as well and would likely end up being cited by the ACGME at their institutional and/or program site visit for failure to provide adequate time to effectively administer the program.

Although this may be the case, and there is something to be said for brutal honesty, I was just trying to put minds at ease and help them feel a little better about something that they have little to no control over at this point in the day. :rolleyes: