Social Events that you really liked in Med School...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Stillwater45

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am part of the Social Committee at my school and we are trying to think of new and unique social and/or fundraising events to plan. What are some of the events/parties that you guys had at your schools that really stood out as a good or even bad idea. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Stillwater45 said:
I am part of the Social Committee at my school and we are trying to think of new and unique social and/or fundraising events to plan. What are some of the events/parties that you guys had at your schools that really stood out as a good or even bad idea. Thanks
date auctions. like selling med school guys to undergrad sorority girls. that always rakes in big bucks

virilep said:
date auctions. like selling med school guys to undergrad sorority girls. that always rakes in big bucks

That only works if the girls are indian and the parents are with them :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
besides date auctions, we had an event where people auction up other things (no sex, unfortunately :D) such as fancy home cooked dinners, nights on the town, free transcriptions (we have a student run system) etc.....that brought in crazy amounts of cash. Other cool non-fundraising events that I enjoyed included a cheese and wine-tasting party, a brewery tour, and a school hosted poker night. :horns:

I really liked our Med school's Gala (their version of prom, basically)... mostly because that's where my fiance proposed to me! :love: But even without that added plus, it was a very fun event because you got to see everyone glammed up instead of in scrubs.

We have a lot of open bars, and they charge us a bit more than the bar charges them and donate the proceeds to charity.

DRINK FOR THE CHILDREN!

(Just make sure that there is some method of safe transportation!!!)

bar tours. definitely. like I can afford regularly priced alcohol on student loans.

here is a thought...how about events WITHOUT alcohol? hmmm that would really appeal to the non drinkers in any class

cuz lord knows we cant have fun without getting smashed...

surrender903 said:
here is a thought...how about events WITHOUT alcohol? hmmm that would really appeal to the non drinkers in any class

cuz lord knows we cant have fun without getting smashed...

There are already plenty of school sponsored events without alcohol -- they're called lectures. :)

We went to a Yankees game, which was awesome but I'd have to say--at the risk of sounding like an alcoholic--that my favorite orientation event was the Beer Pong and Flip Cup tournament.

prazmatic said:
That only works if the girls are indian and the parents are with them :laugh:

LOL. That's so true. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

1. Retreats (Fall and Spring) - The school rents out a hotel, we go for 3 days and party it up (the school also provides meals, DJs, games, KEGS)
2. Fall Ball/Spring Fling (the proms)
3. Various bar nights, mixers with nearby medical schools
4. Powder Puff Football game between the M1s and M2s
5. Student/Faculty softball game

Orgies. In the anatomy lab.

Actually, we have a pretty neat competition against the Law School that spans a couple months and includes some 40 events from armwrestling to tennis to chess to a blood drive and penny drive.