Social gatherings

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ferrets

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Many programs offer the opportunity to interact with current residents through informal social gatherings around the time of the interview. I think these are great ways to get to know programs and future friends and colleauges. Unfortunately, I have had to schedule several interviews on consecutive days, making it difficult to attend all of the social events.

My question is how much will it affect your application if you cannot attend the social gathering afterwards?

Thanks! Good luck to everyone. It has been great meeting all of you out there on the interview trail!

Ferrets

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by Ferrets
Hi everyone,

Many programs offer the opportunity to interact with current residents through informal social gatherings around the time of the interview. I think these are great ways to get to know programs and future friends and colleauges. Unfortunately, I have had to schedule several interviews on consecutive days, making it difficult to attend all of the social events.

My question is how much will it affect your application if you cannot attend the social gathering afterwards?

Thanks! Good luck to everyone. It has been great meeting all of you out there on the interview trail!

Ferrets

Hi Ferrets,

Welcome to the forum. Your absence will not have any affect on your application. Good luck!

Andrew,

Thanks a lot for the advice!

Ferrets