Social life and pre med

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drabberbadge

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else feel that they can't go out at all(social events etc) when taking pre med classes to get solid As? I feel that if I do then I am being irresponsible and distractions will cause me to fall behind
Anyone else feel the same?

Members don't see this ad.

I agree being a premed provides a perfect excuse for some people to explain a lack of social life.

No. You should still have plenty of time to have a social life. Everything in moderation.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you have no time to do anything social, you're doing something wrong. Even with volunteering and research and all of the other premed stuff, you should be able to make time to enjoy college.

I'm on an upward trend and behind track
I have to get all A s in order to get my gpa to even average so I guess maybe that's why I have more pressure://

I feel that if you don't have time to do activities outside of schooling you are probably not studying efficiently. You should have plenty of time to play around even with all your courses if you get your work done in a timely manner, which is a product of good study skills. That is what I have found, anyway. Good luck!

I feel that if you don't have time to do activities outside of schooling you are probably not studying efficiently. You should have plenty of time to play around even with all your courses if you get your work done in a timely manner, which is a product of good study skills. That is what I have found, anyway. Good luck!

I always feel like there is more to be done, do you have any tips or can refer me to a good thread/website that will help me with my time management?
I'm studying ochem and physics B together and I'm having trouble learning the material for physics B, I go through the problems but end up not retaining much to redo them

I think I've seen a similar thread to this once or twice before...

Not gonna keep this thread from getting 3 pages of replies...

I always feel like there is more to be done, do you have any tips or can refer me to a good thread/website that will help me with my time management?
I'm studying ochem and physics B together and I'm having trouble learning the material for physics B, I go through the problems but end up not retaining much to redo them

I'm in the same boat with ochem and physics. It is algebra trig based and is pretty easy IMO. In lecture for all of my classes (ochem and physics included) I identify major topics and copy down good, clear examples and make a note of the section we are on. In my home study time I read over and take clear notes on the sections we went over in class. I get redundant information at my own pace and in clear handwriting. I have learned more ochem material this way than in the actual lecture.

In terms of time management, that is up to your particular schedule and activity setup. I volunteer 6 hours a week at two set days and times. I take Aikido 2-4 hours a week at set days and times, too. Of course, my course schedule is set. Now, I fill in the gaps with study, sleep,TV, whatever I feel like. It REALLY helps to have your activities scheduled. When everything is layed out, you can stick everything else in the gaps. I hope this has been helpful. Good luck!

I'm in the same boat with ochem and physics. It is algebra trig based and is pretty easy IMO. In lecture for all of my classes (ochem and physics included) I identify major topics and copy down good, clear examples and make a note of the section we are on. In my home study time I read over and take clear notes on the sections we went over in class. I get redundant information at my own pace and in clear handwriting. I have learned more ochem material this way than in the actual lecture.

In terms of time management, that is up to your particular schedule and activity setup. I volunteer 6 hours a week at two set days and times. I take Aikido 2-4 hours a week at set days and times, too. Of course, my course schedule is set. Now, I fill in the gaps with study, sleep,TV, whatever I feel like. It REALLY helps to have your activities scheduled. When everything is layed out, you can stick everything else in the gaps. I hope this has been helpful. Good luck!

Thanks for the help! You seem like an awesome person and well managed
I wish you the best of luck!

Thanks for the help! You seem like an awesome person and well managed
I wish you the best of luck!