Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

social life of physicians

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by curious dummy, Dec 31, 2001.

1. curious dummy

curious dummy Junior Member

i'll start college in january and i'm thinking of becoming a doctor. the salary is alot and the job sounds cool. but before i plan my ways there, i wanna know just how hard it is to be one. do med students and residents have time to work 20 hrs./wk and time to go out on weekends or do they have to study 24/7? surgery looks cool as hell. just how much sleep do these guys get? what about when in practice? how many hours of work a week? not just for surgeons, but other fields too. any one with any clue or info for these questions, please tell me so i will see if i should take a shot at medicine. thank you

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. spicoli

spicoli Member

My turn.

Dude, you will totally have time to kick back with some breezies, suds, buds, and your favorite cuz. Make your decision on whether or not you want to become a doctor, then your lifestyle will conform. Be fluid, chill. Don't choose this profession for the money. It aint worth it.

4. Darwin

LOL...very fitting name. Very nice.