Social Media During Medical School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hotwasabi

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
i would go insane if i couldn't waste time
i'm wasting time as we speak by being here instead of studying for step 2
just gotta develop self control i suppose

Give it 2 weeks. Your class will probably create a page, and every time that you log in, you'll have the notification that some gunner has posted some "ingenious insight" for all others' benefit.

***HOWEVER--There IS a litmus test for spotting a true gunner: The "facts" will be wrong.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
check into the browser add on called "Stayfocusd". You can block certain websites, all of the internet, everything except a few allowed websites, etc for a given amount of time (the "nuclear option") or also just limit the amount of time you have available to you to access your "black listed" websites (facebook, etc) or the amount of time you spend on the internet in general.

some people would say it is childish and you should be able to control your use on your own, but oh well. it helps me. especially the nuclear option when i had a paper/presentation to work on in UG

Reactions: 1 user
I downloaded the Self Control app on my Mac, since I have no self control of my own.

check into the browser add on called "Stayfocusd". You can block certain websites, all of the internet, everything except a few allowed websites, etc for a given amount of time (the "nuclear option") or also just limit the amount of time you have available to you to access your "black listed" websites (facebook, etc) or the amount of time you spend on the internet in general.

some people would say it is childish and you should be able to control your use on your own, but oh well. it helps me. especially the nuclear option when i had a paper/presentation to work on in UG

just got this extension! i totally get sidetracked so this will help tremendously!!! thanks :)