Social Media

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tc434

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
It seems normal nowadays to see a video of disgruntled customers shooting a video of an unfavorable experience and broadcasting it to the world. The airlines seem to be the main target in recent months but I fear it is only a matter of time before a patient or someone with the patient whips out their cellphone and starts recording an uncomfortable situation in an op or at the front desk. This seems worse then a bad FB or Yelp review. Has this happened to anyone yet? Patients can be very unreasonable at times. What would be the best way to handle a situation like this?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I honestly wouldn't be seeing this as a big problem... If you're kind and friendly and provide good dental care to your patients (whether you work as an associate or an owner), I don't see any reason for anyone to do this... Be ethical and use common sense - with those morals, you will never have to face this kind of problem in your life. :)

-Fyz

^^^ If you are an owner, hire people who you think are trustworthy and ethical. No need to hire people who are shady and don't have a good personality...

-Fyz

Members don't see this ad :)
One more reason to prohibit cell phone use in the oratories.

It seems normal nowadays to see a video of disgruntled customers shooting a video of an unfavorable experience and broadcasting it to the world. The airlines seem to be the main target in recent months but I fear it is only a matter of time before a patient or someone with the patient whips out their cellphone and starts recording an uncomfortable situation in an op or at the front desk. This seems worse then a bad FB or Yelp review. Has this happened to anyone yet? Patients can be very unreasonable at times. What would be the best way to handle a situation like this?

This is only a problem if you let it become a problem. The way to avoid it is to avoid social media as the foundation and basis of attracting patients. Although i cannot discuss it in these forums look up online reputation management. Good ones can take bad reviews down. Personally, i think social media attracts terrible picky patients. I downplay the role that they play in my office. Let them write bad reviews and watch the number of picky patients go down. Now, the only bad thing is if you don't have many patients to begin with.

You can't please everyone, and once you start bending over for these types of patients, expect more of them to keep coming back and demanding more.

Reactions: 2 users
If you are having a disagreement with a patient and they (or someone with them) take out their cellphone and start recording the conversation is there anything we can do to prevent them from doing that? Any laws we can cite?

If you are having a disagreement with a patient and they (or someone with them) take out their cellphone and start recording the conversation is there anything we can do to prevent them from doing that? Any laws we can cite?

In most states it is illegal to record without consent on private property. You should be able to look up those statutes pretty easily for your state.