MA/MS Social Psychology MA Program: Ball State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kberry46

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I wanted to share some information for applicants interested in a social psychology master's program. The department is still accepting applications and the final application deadline is June 15th!

As the only social psychology master's program in the nation to be located in a counseling psychology department, Ball State University's Social Psychology Program could be the right fit for your graduate school education. Given its departmental location, the program is uniquely infused with a multicultural social-counseling psychology research focus, and indeed is the perfect fit for students interested in the subspecialty of cultural psychology.

The general social psychology track exclusively prepares students to obtain PhDs in social/cultural psychology, whereas the dual track in social and counseling psychology prepares students to obtain PhDs in either field or to become licensed counselors who incorporate social/cultural psychological research into their practice. The applied social psychology track prepares students for careers in business, human resources, and other applied settings.

The Social Psychology Program at Ball State University features small class sizes, funding for the vast majority of students, a wide variety of opportunities to conduct research with faculty members in all areas of the department, and an exclusive focus on social/cultural psychology.

I am affiliated with the program and would be happy to answer any questions that you may have. For more information, I also encourage you to contact Dr. Brooke Wilken, Assistant Professor and Director of the Social Psychology Program, at [email protected] or 765-285-8040.

You can also check out their website: https://cms.bsu.edu/academics/colle...counselingpsych/academic/masters/mapsychology

Members don't see this ad.