1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Social Science

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by Medic171, Apr 23, 2001.

1. Medic171

Medic171 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I am a social science major. Other are there any courses I should take during my senior year to prepare, or will I be ok with only my pre reqs(I also am taking biochem).

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Winged Scapula

Winged Scapula Cougariffic!
    Staff Member Administrator Physician Faculty Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    NO need to post the same question on all of the forums - most of us read all the forums! [​IMG]

------------------
    PGY1
    Penn State University
    Department of Surgery

4. Medic171

Medic171 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Sorry, I will remember that, although I did get a lot more responses in the allopathic forum.

5. electra

electra SDN Moderator
    7+ Year Member

hi medici,

take the science pre-reqs of course, general bio and chem, organic chem, physics. Many schools also look for genetics and bio chem. You might round yourself out with micro and a phys class.

eeeeelectra

6. Hello there, my fellow Paramedic! It's very good that you are taking Biochem. That will help immensly. I would also recommend(in order): Microbiology, Genetics, Neuroscience, Immunology, and Embryology. Take what you can, and what interests you until you start med school. I wouldn't take an Anat/Phys class with your "red patch" already. And, if social science classes really interest you, take more of those your senior year, because I assume it will probably be your last opportunity to take those subjects. Also, I have been told that Embryology is a good class to take. I didn't take it though. Good luck!

[email protected]
    COMP Class of 2005