Quantcast

Society of Former Military Physicians

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IgD

The Lorax
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
What do you think about starting a society of former military docs to advocate for patient care and change?

DropkickMurphy

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If there is an affiliate membership available for former military allied health providers, I'm interested.

IgD

The Lorax
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Bump - this issue needs to be revisited. Could such an organization work in a positive way to improve things?

Galo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Bump - this issue needs to be revisited. Could such an organization work in a positive way to improve things?

Check this site out.

http://www.smcaf.org/

I wanted to make comment on it, but I've only spent an hour or so on it. I can tell you that they see a HUGE number of problems, and made recommendations that could never, or will never be followed.

I agree that some type of group could be formed, just not sure if we will all agree on how to make things better. As it is, many of us have been out a number of years, and only see things getting worse. There are multiple others like us who do not even care to post. I would be a great undertaking, and as negative as my experience was, I would hope to make the system better, I am just not sure the military can make such a paradigm shift when it comes to leadership and medicine.

Your thoughts on that site?