• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Society of Former Military Physicians

Galo

10+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2006
  1. Attending Physician
Bump - this issue needs to be revisited. Could such an organization work in a positive way to improve things?

Check this site out.

http://www.smcaf.org/

I wanted to make comment on it, but I've only spent an hour or so on it. I can tell you that they see a HUGE number of problems, and made recommendations that could never, or will never be followed.

I agree that some type of group could be formed, just not sure if we will all agree on how to make things better. As it is, many of us have been out a number of years, and only see things getting worse. There are multiple others like us who do not even care to post. I would be a great undertaking, and as negative as my experience was, I would hope to make the system better, I am just not sure the military can make such a paradigm shift when it comes to leadership and medicine.

Your thoughts on that site?

About the Ads
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.