Sociology or psychology?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Knicks17

"First Pakistani-American Surgeon General?"
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have choice to take one of these which one should i take next semester?? Which one would help me get a leap start on the mcat sections? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I've only recently started studying for the mcat and haven't covered anywhere near the full material for P/S, but I definitely feel like I've seen more topics from Psychology than Sociology. Psych was a more enjoyable class as well imo, but they both have some overlap and either one would help a lot.

Whichever you think you will do better in. Seriously all the p/s you need for the mcat is in prep books or even khan academy.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Metaphysical astrochemistry.

Reactions: 1 users
Whichever you think you will do better in. Seriously all the p/s you need for the mcat is in prep books or even khan academy.

Can you be my professor I would do great...

An Intro Psychology class will most likely also cover the basic parts of Sociology that you would ever be expected to know for the MCAT (via a discussion on Social Psychology). While both are probably adequately covered within review resources, I think that Psych is a better class overall and is probably the more "difficult" of the two topics, so reinforced learning might be best. Psych will also talk a lot more about research design (hopefully) compared to Sociology, which is *essential* for MCAT prep nonsense.

Psych- there are more concepts to learn that feel route memorization/artificial than soc, which is mostly common sense.

Reactions: 1 user
I see, so I will lean towards psych thanks Sdn buddies!

Psych is better. I feel that it is more of Biology than Behavioral Science :p

Take both—I am currently taking Psychology, with Sociology over the summer

I wanted to take them over the summer but I have too many plans setup (EC's, research etc..) so ill just stay away for now