SomeSurgeryDoc

10+ Year Member
Jan 31, 2007
Status
Hey guys,

Does anyone know of some sort of software that recognizes and transcribes audio recordings? I'm looking for software that will basically automatically types everything my professor is saying, so if anyone knows of any software that does this, please let me know.

Thanks

mik86

10+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2008
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
dragon naturally speaking, but unless the professor trains his voice to the program, it wont go all that well (mistakes). I think it improves over time as you make corrections to the transcription. torrentable.

About the Ads

Blesbok

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 27, 2007
Status
  1. Medical Student
You would be better off typing your notes when your turn comes up. ;)

MattD

Curmudgeon
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 9, 2003
www.yellow5.com
Status
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Our transcript service toyed with Dragon last year. It was a miserable failure. Every professor would have to train the software, and this isn't a 10 minute kinda deal either. To get tolerable results they'd have to spend hours each training. If you have as much lecturer turnover as we do, it would mean they'd spend more time training the software than actually giving the lecture.

If you have a lecturer who lecturers ALL THE TIME, you may be able to get the software trained to his voice after a 5-6 hours of transcription and manual correction, but really it's more trouble than it's worth.

Sorry, maybe in 20 years the tech will be there, but not yet :)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads