Solicitation for Podiatric Medicine?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smartreader

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got a letter in the mail today from the New York College of Podiatric Medecine, or some school of that nature informing me of their open house. How did they get my address? Is there a national database of all the names and addresses of premeds across the continent (I live in Canada no less)? I'm betting the AAMC sold my personal info to a medical mailing list.

Members don't see this ad.

I remember getting a whole bunch of crap like that in the mail after I took the MCAT. I think we should have the right to tell the MCAT people we don't want our names and addresses sold by them.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Teufelhunden
Is it me, or do podiatry schools come across like the drunk, desparate guy at the bar who's hitting on all the girls?

well put. i've gotten letters from something like 5 of the 7 DPM schools, and today i got an e-mail from one of them.

i just received an email from Temple informing me of their podiatry school, program, whatever it is, including information about their mailing list.

i unsubscribed from that list.

Originally posted by generation2MD?
i just received an email from Temple informing me of their podiatry school, program, whatever it is, including information about their mailing list.

i unsubscribed from that list.

hahahaha. i got that one too (and also promptly unsubscribed from their list)

Originally posted by robotdancing
hahahaha. i got that one too (and also promptly unsubscribed from their list)

I unsubscribed, too...I was thinking, though, maybe they could have put in a good word for me with the med school? I do have sexy feet...

I've gotten a whole bunch of emails and letters from podiatry schools. My favorite one, however, is a letter and brochure from the american association of naturopathic medical colleges. I didn't even know there was such a thing as an N.D.

What the heck! I havent gotten a single contact from a podiatry school! Wheres the love man? Maybe my GPA is too low for them. hahaha

yeah they send it to everyone who took the MCAT, i got it last yr and this yr, plus i just unsubscribed from the Temple list.

whenever I think podiatrist I think of ninja turtles. The pun of Foot-Clan as a fearsome group of podiatrists engaged in group practice always comes up. Makes me smile.