(solved) thought I had 3 great LOR's but now it looks like I only have 1. PLEASE HELP!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ghostteeth

Reaction score
Edit: problem solved, thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You should have made your intentions of requesting a letter known near the end of the semester when you still had regular contact with the two MIA letter writers. Professors are ridiculously busy and hard to get ahold of, and they may even be on summer vacations.
I asked all of my letter writers for letters in January/February and told them my intention of applying in June in the coming summer, a few weeks to a month is not enough time to ask for a letter in my opinion.

You have really no options and this is a difficult situation. You need to send another email to letter writers 1 and 2 directly requesting a meet up to discuss a letter of recommendation, it's far too late in the game to be political about the situation and vaguely ask to meet. I would also make sure that letter of rec is in the subject of the email. Good luck, I hope it works out for you

You should have made your intentions of requesting a letter known near the end of the semester when you still had regular contact with the two MIA letter writers. Professors are ridiculously busy and hard to get ahold of, and they may even be on summer vacations.
I asked all of my letter writers for letters in January/February and told them my intention of applying in June in the coming summer, a few weeks to a month is not enough time to ask for a letter in my opinion.

You have really no options and this is a difficult situation. You need to send another email to letter writers 1 and 2 directly requesting a meet up to discuss a letter of recommendation, it's far too late in the game to be political about the situation and vaguely ask to meet. I would also make sure that letter of rec is in the subject of the email. Good luck, I hope it works out for you

Thank you for the honest response and the good luck. I appreciate the advice!

Many professors look at writing letters of recommendation as part of their job. So asking them for one is really not as big of a deal as you would think.

I would recommend going to their office (look online to find office hours) and ask in person. Chances are that they get a lot of emails and maybe they planned on responding to yours but got caught up with other emails.