Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

SOMA Convention

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by OldManDave, Sep 24, 2000.

1. OldManDave

OldManDave Fossil Bouncer Emeritus
    Moderator Emeritus

Attending Physician
    Is anyone out there going to the SOMA/AOA convention next month (October)? I will be there...it would be interesting to possibly meet some of the SDN crew/posters.

If you will be there, post where you are staying while in Orlando. Maybe we can coordinate a gathering? Maybe we can all go see Mickey & Co.?

------------------
    David W. Kelley, MS-2
    'Old Man Dave'
    KCOM, Class of '03

Nothing Risked, Nothing Gained!!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. RollTide

RollTide Senior Member

OMD,

I will be there but I am not sure on what dates or where I will be staying yet. I think I have a test on the Monday after the SOMA convention so I am not sure how much of the AOA convention I will be there for. I would be interested in meeting up with a few SDN regulars as well. If possible contact me at [email protected] and let me know where you will be staying.

4. OldManDave

Moderator Emeritus

Attending Physician
    RollTide;

What an odd coincidence...I have an exam that Monday as well...don't tell me your's is Path too? Anyhow, I have to stay thru the 31st. I am being voted in as the newest student member of our Alumni Board of Driectors <each class has one> on Sunday. So, my first day on the Board, complete with meetings & a party, is Monday.

------------------
    David W. Kelley, MS-2
    'Old Man Dave'
    KCOM, Class of '03

5. RollTide

RollTide Senior Member

Actually I have a Gross exam that Monday...ouch. It seems that they could have made up our schedule to be a bit more forgiving considering the convention is being held in our back yard.

6. M00se

M00se Member

I get back to SF at 3am on monday, and have a BSF blood test at 8am. [​IMG]

------------------
    Jim

7. OldManDave

Moderator Emeritus

Attending Physician
    MOOse my friend...I wish you luck!

My Path professor informed me that I have an option...take the test early <same test as the rest of the class>; but I will miss 4 lectures that are on the test. However, I will receive the note-packs in advance. OR, I can take an ESSAY path test after I return...she was adamant to point out the she hated to write, give and score essay tests; but probably not as much as I would NOT enjoy taking her essay test.

Guess I'll be getting those notes and taking an early exam!

------------------
    David W. Kelley, MS-2
    'Old Man Dave'
    KCOM, Class of '03

8. zorro21

zorro21 Senior Member

I just found out two days ago that I have been accepted to LECOM for the 2001 entering class. Can I go ahead and register with SOMA or does LECOM have to do that for me? How can I sign up for SOMA??

9. OldManDave

Moderator Emeritus

Attending Physician
    First, CONGRATULATIONS!

Second, as the SOMA web-page is essentially non-functional most of the time, it is hard to join on-line. But, you may feel free to e-mail Marie Perrone at [email protected] Sher is the national SOMA lady and will happy to help you!

------------------
    David W. Kelley, MS-2
    'Old Man Dave'
    KCOM, Class of '03