SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

SOMA Convention

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by OldManDave, Sep 24, 2000.

1. OldManDave

OldManDave Fossil Bouncer Emeritus Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Feb 26, 1999
    Lafayette, IN
    Is anyone out there going to the SOMA/AOA convention next month (October)? I will be there...it would be interesting to possibly meet some of the SDN crew/posters.

If you will be there, post where you are staying while in Orlando. Maybe we can coordinate a gathering? Maybe we can all go see Mickey & Co.?

------------------
    David W. Kelley, MS-2
    'Old Man Dave'
    KCOM, Class of '03

Nothing Risked, Nothing Gained!!

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. RollTide

RollTide Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Mar 7, 2000
    Sweet Home Alabama
    OMD,

I will be there but I am not sure on what dates or where I will be staying yet. I think I have a test on the Monday after the SOMA convention so I am not sure how much of the AOA convention I will be there for. I would be interested in meeting up with a few SDN regulars as well. If possible contact me at [email protected] and let me know where you will be staying.

4. OldManDave

Feb 26, 1999
    Lafayette, IN
    RollTide;

What an odd coincidence...I have an exam that Monday as well...don't tell me your's is Path too? Anyhow, I have to stay thru the 31st. I am being voted in as the newest student member of our Alumni Board of Driectors <each class has one> on Sunday. So, my first day on the Board, complete with meetings & a party, is Monday.

------------------
    David W. Kelley, MS-2
    'Old Man Dave'
    KCOM, Class of '03

5. RollTide

RollTide Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Mar 7, 2000
    Sweet Home Alabama
    Actually I have a Gross exam that Monday...ouch. It seems that they could have made up our schedule to be a bit more forgiving considering the convention is being held in our back yard.

6. M00se

M00se Member 10+ Year Member

Aug 1, 1999
    FL
    I get back to SF at 3am on monday, and have a BSF blood test at 8am. [​IMG]

------------------
    Jim

7. OldManDave

Feb 26, 1999
    Lafayette, IN
    MOOse my friend...I wish you luck!

My Path professor informed me that I have an option...take the test early <same test as the rest of the class>; but I will miss 4 lectures that are on the test. However, I will receive the note-packs in advance. OR, I can take an ESSAY path test after I return...she was adamant to point out the she hated to write, give and score essay tests; but probably not as much as I would NOT enjoy taking her essay test.

Guess I'll be getting those notes and taking an early exam!

------------------
    David W. Kelley, MS-2
    'Old Man Dave'
    KCOM, Class of '03

8. zorro21

zorro21 Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Oct 3, 2000
    I just found out two days ago that I have been accepted to LECOM for the 2001 entering class. Can I go ahead and register with SOMA or does LECOM have to do that for me? How can I sign up for SOMA??

9. OldManDave

Feb 26, 1999
    Lafayette, IN
    First, CONGRATULATIONS!

Second, as the SOMA web-page is essentially non-functional most of the time, it is hard to join on-line. But, you may feel free to e-mail Marie Perrone at [email protected] Sher is the national SOMA lady and will happy to help you!

------------------
    David W. Kelley, MS-2
    'Old Man Dave'
    KCOM, Class of '03