Some advice for you Aug MCATers.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tweetie_bird

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Last April when I was taking the MCAT, I tried to organize a little SDN get-together where we discussed important concepts and hard questions we found in the books.

This "get together" was done over the SDN chat line. We decided on a good time and place to meet (like 7:00 p.m. Pacific Time on weekdays) and specific topics we could discuss within just ONE subject. Like in Bio, we would decide to learn and test each other on all about hormones and metabolism.

I think y'all should do this. I also had a whole thread going that I've been posting for you guys, yet I don't see that much enthusiasm. Is it just that there are lesser people taking the test? I don't see a lot of you discussing stuff and posting questions like we did before April. Trust me, any small amount of group effort helps!!! Use your resources! We are your peers and are glad to help if you only reach out.

Also I wanted to add that the MCAT is about a month away. By now you *should* be almost done with most or all of your review and started on doing practise practise practise quetsions. I can't say that word enough. Even if you feel like you're not staying caught up on the review, START PRACTISING. Learn on the way. Do not wait till the last minute to do the tests...start doing one a week right now. If you combine all the tests from Kaplan, TPR and a few other companies out there, and even if you have tests from TWO or THREE of those companies, that should add up to 14 tests or so. USE THEM NOW!! That's the best way you can see improvement over longer period of time.

Lastly, don't forget to leave a bit of time for yourself everyday. Even if it's half an hour everyday to watch your favorite TV show, do it.

My best wishes are prayers are with you guys. GO KICK ASS AND MAKE ME PROUD!!!
Tweetie

Members don't see this ad.

thanks for the advice and motivation........its great to know that you are willing to help........

nero

Way to go Tweetie and thanks for this motivational post and energy . Good Luck to you too.:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Always so unselfish Tweetie :) even though you're applying this year, you still want all these kids to do better than you. :)

Originally posted by Bikini Princess
Always so unselfish Tweetie :) even though you're applying this year, you still want all these kids to do better than you. :)

I agree :)

Tweetie thanks for the great advice.

Just wondering..... would anybody be interested in gettin together and chatting for review like tweetie suggested?