1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Some Advice please...

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by dapmp91, Apr 8, 2007.

1. dapmp91

dapmp91 Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Hey guys, here's my situation, I'm about to be a junior this upcoming fall and I haven't taken Orgo 1 and Physics 1, I took General Chem 1 the second semester (spring) of my freshmen year and General Chem 2 the fall semester of my sophomore year, I am currently in sophomore year 2nd semester (which is about to end), I feel very behind guys :scared: , when is the best time for me to take the MCAT and apply to medical school, I have a fair GPA 3.4-3.55 approximately, please guys, your advice is invaluable!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. notgettingin

2+ Year Member

It's not that bad.
    Orgo 1 and Physics 1: first semester junior year (with labs)
    Orgo 2 and Physics 2: second semester junior year (with labs)

Then just make sure you have all the math requirements down (calc etc.) I am assuming you have already taken your bio requirements.

Then maybe study the whole summer, and take a Kaplan or Princeton review class while the orgo and physics are still fresh in your mind and take the MCAT when you are ready. From what I understand they now offer the MCAT online multiple times a year, so you could take it at the end of the summer. You would then apply June of your senior year. That would also give you enough time to start building up your EC's. Then take that lag year while you are applying and do something amazing like travel. But that's just my two cents...good luck!

4. ryouland

ryouland Guest

Post Doc
    In theory you could take Organic 1 and Physics 1 this summer, Orgo 2 and Physics 2 in the fall and take the late spring MCAT. Either at cc, or your school although your school would be best.

Have you done the Bio requirement yet? If not toss that in there and you'll have a packed summer but its doable as long as the classes dont conflict.

5. dapmp91

dapmp91 Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Yea, thanks for replying, I took both general Bio 1 and 2, (I'm diong 2 right now), I'm a bio major...thanks again for the replyin