some advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mcat35

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I just want to see if you guys think this is a good plan for my studying in the next month and half which I'm dedicating all to studying.

I got a 29 on my 1st MCAT Physics being my lowest portion, double digits on the other 2 10 bio 11 verbal. that 10 bio is still pretty pathetic since I'm a bio major...

I signed up to take it again may 21, and have the full month and half to study from now. Most of the material is still pretty fresh on my mind so I plan on doing passages.

I used up all the AAMC tests for the 1st test, except AAMC 11 which I plan on purchasing.

I also bought Gold standard tests.

I used TPR and Nova first time around and exhausted those as well, so I bought TBR and plan on doing around 30-40 passages a day (10 passages per subject per day) Is this too much??? Don't plan on working on verbal too much since I did most of EK 1st time around as well..... but I will probably read some economist, newyorker every morning.

2 test per week out of gold standard as well as going over the old AAMC again. (not taking them again seems kinda pointless since I already did them before and went over them extensively) :eek:

Based on my GPA I would need a 30+ if not 35+ to be competitive for MD schools here in the states.

Please let me know what you think.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If you got a 29 then I dont think that the content is the week spot. I would still review but I think the books you have would be fine. I would probably pick up tbr exams for practice and re review your weak areas.

What were your aamc test averages?

If you got a 29 then I dont think that the content is the week spot. I would still review but I think the books you have would be fine. I would probably pick up tbr exams for practice and re review your weak areas.

What were your aamc test averages?

high 20s to low 30s around 32-33 were my highs. The physical section on mine seemed a lot harder, but verbal seemed a lot easier.

Do you think its worthwhile for me to get TBR tests? the way I have it planned passage and 10x gold standard diags + AAMC 11 I doubt I'll have enough time for even more tests. Plan now is to do as much passages and diags as I can through april and review for 17 days in May on any particular weak spots. this way I can have last 3 days to relax and rest my brain lol..

thanks for the fast reply btw!