Some AZCOM Interview questions from IF.com!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bla_3x

Grip it and rip it!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
A BILLION thanks to Algae for these questions from IF.com .:clap: :clap: I was asked to post them for all to see. Good Luck Everybody!
AZCOM

1. The most interesting question I was asked: I was asked several interesting questions: What would you do if the wife of a terminal patient asked for your help in ending her husband's life? How did your years as a golf caddy prepare you for medicine? What 2 movies would you use to start the library of the greatest films? You have a patient who breaks his arm punching a wall. His PCP isn't available to write a referral. What do you do?
2. The most difficult question I was asked: The assisted suicide question was tough in that I thought they might show bias against my answer.
1. The most interesting question I was asked: The usual - what two people would you invite to dinner (dead or alive), a cheating scenario - what would you do, who are your role models, if you had the power to cure a disease - which one and why... they're all posted on this website.
2. The most difficult question I was asked: The DO asked me "Why do you want to be a physician as opposed to a nurse or a physician's assistant?" I always have wanted to be a physician and never even considered those options, so it threw me a little. Nothing really difficult though.
1. The most interesting question I was asked: Allowed much opportunity to detail experiences which led to my interest in osteopathic medicine. Name three words your friends would use to descibe you and would you agree with their description?
2. The most difficult question I was asked: HMO dilemma that required some thought, but was a typical "no right answer" kind of question. I did not get asked the common questions cited on previous questionaires. The interview really fed off of my answers to their questions, so maybe I steered them away from the "Name 3 people whom you would like to have to dinner" question, or "What kind of kitchen appliance would you be and why?" It was for the better!
The most interesting question I was asked: Would I give a lethal injection to an inmate? What 3 people would I have dinner with if I could? Why are you here? Did you apply to allopathic schools? What makes you think you're good enough for our school?

1. The most interesting question I was asked: How would you change the strangle hold that some insurance companies have on certain areas?
2. The most difficult question I was asked: same...none were extremely difficult...just getting to know you questions.
1. The most interesting question I was asked: Who are my heroes? I was also indirectly asked what my undergraduate grades where,or rather, I was lead into stating them. One of the other members VERY quickly addressed that the interviews are closed file and that they are really not after numbers in the interview.
2. The most difficult question I was asked: Really no difficult questions. Just be confident and honest. I was given a chance to talk about my volunteer experience and I really took advantage of it to lead a discussion (or at least try to).
1. The most interesting question I was asked: "If you had a magic wand and could use it to change your personality, what would you change?"
2. The most difficult question I was asked: your best and worst qualities.
1. The most interesting question I was asked: Asked an ethical question about treating a white-supremisist who was homo-phobic and what I would do if I was gay?
2. The most difficult question I was asked: also asked the question who I would invite to dinner and why?
1. The most interesting question I was asked: What is the most important scientific advancement in the past 10 years and what do you feel is the effect it has on society?
2. The most difficult question I was asked: Name a difficult situation that you overcame and how it affected you.
1. The most interesting question I was asked: The infamous: "If you could bring any three people to dinner, who would it be and what would you fix??"
2. The most difficult question I was asked: What is one pet peeve about your job?
1. The most interesting question I was asked: Convince an MD/skeptic that Osteopathic Medicine is not a waste of time?
2. The most difficult question I was asked: Any ethical issues you have endured? How did you handle it?
1. The most interesting question I was asked: Where have you traveled in the United States?
2. The most difficult question I was asked: What scientific advance in the last 10 years has been significant in your opinion--think VERY carefully about this one. May be good to pick something obscure and really interesting to you.
1. The most interesting question I was asked: What was the most compassionate/favorite experience I found from my volunteer work?
2. The most difficult question I was asked: Where is healthcare headed? This was very broad question to me.
1. The most interesting question I was asked: If I were the surgeon general and I could focus on one disease, what would it be and how would I approach it?
2. The most difficult question I was asked: Tell us about yourself and how you ended up here today.
1. The most interesting question I was asked: Well--I just got the basic "tell me about yourself" and "Everyone makes difficult choices in thier life..Tell us about one and the outcome"
2. The most difficult question I was asked: A patient was diagnosed with a terminal illness and no matter how much dosages of drugs you gave, they continued to worsen and were in a lot of pain. The family and the patient both are asking you to end it...what would you do in this situation?
1. The most interesting question I was asked: if you could be any appliance, what would you be and why? also, if you could invote two people over for dinner who would they be and what characteristics do you seen in them that you see in yourself?
2. The most difficult question I was asked: why do you think medicine should be more socialized? what do you think of the british healthcare system?
1. The most interesting question I was asked: What has been a hardship that I overcome, and how did it change me.
2. The most difficult question I was asked: How do I know that I can complete the work? Given my application I thought this a strange question...I thought that my file would speak for itself. I was taken back by the question because it was obvious that they felt there was more to "medical school" than a very good academic record.
1. The most interesting question I was asked: What was your best experience as an EMT? Your Worst Experience? How do you handle Stress? Tell us about a situation or experience where you had to manage your time and schedule.
2. The most difficult question I was asked: I was asked a question about 1st Amendment rights in publications. Also "If you were an editor in chief how would talk to a person offended by something printed in your magazine?"
1. The most interesting question I was asked: What was your best experience as an EMT? Your Worst Experience? How do you handle Stress? Tell us about a situation or experience where you had to manage your time and schedule.
2. The most difficult question I was asked: I was asked a question about 1st Amendment rights in publications. Also "If you were an editor in chief how would talk to a person offended by something printed in your magazine?"
1. The most interesting question I was asked: I felt that the interviewers were asking questions because they needed to take 30 minutes. Although most of the questions were asked to try to know me, some of the questions seemed forced. Also, I didn't feel that I had enough time to ask questions that I had for them since they felt the need to ask dumb questions like "what kitchen appliance would you be and why." Don't get me wrong, the interview wasn't that bad, but I wish it was more conversational instead of Q and A.
2. The most difficult question I was asked: -describe a situation when you "put your foot in your mouth" -what kitchen appliance would you be and why? -some questions about HMOs
1. The most interesting question I was asked: If I could invite three people to dinner, who would I invite, what would be served, and would I prepare the meal myself?
2. The most difficult question I was asked: What has been the most interesting advancement in medicine, to me, in the past ten years?
1. The most interesting question I was asked: Name three people you would invite to dinner and why?
2. The most difficult question I was asked: What is one of the biggest problems facing health care, today. How would you solve this problem.
1. The most interesting question I was asked: "If you could cure any disease, what would it be?" Lots of opportunity to go off on personal areas of research and not reflexively go to "AIDS" or "cancer"
2. The most difficult question I was asked: "If you could invite three people to dinner, who would it be and why?" And I go, "Do they have to be dead?" Ha ha ha. Expect the unexpected ******ed questions. Others in my group got "If you could be a kitchen appliance, which would you be and why?" Oh LORD!

Thanks again Algae!!!

Members don't see this ad.