Rugger81

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2004
Status
I have a few questions for anyone who's already at Columbia:

How is the revisit weekend structured? How crucial is it? Is one of the days (Thurs/Fri) more important than the other? I only ask because getting time off from work will be very difficult for me and I need to plan ahead.

How is the financial aid office? I know it differs dramatically for each student, but I felt the financial aid presentation to be...ummm...nonexistent. So I was just wondering how accessible and/or helpful they are.

I'm not posting this in Allopathic because Pre-Allo has so many more readers and I know several of them are at P&S right now.

Any insight would be great. Thanks!

missbonnie

floating
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 21, 2002
Status
  1. Medical Student
I think revisit is thurs, fri, sat. I would go to as much as possible - the days are long but you will learn a lot .. mostly by meeting your future classmates. Remember, you're going to spend A LOT of time with these people, make sure you like them.

Fin aid office folks are nice. That reminds me, I need to do my taxes, fafsa, and fin aid forms asap. They give need-based grants pretty generously the first 2 years.

For what it's worth, everyone I talked to that did not go to revisit totally regretted it!

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads