Some community college courses taken before college

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lulala123123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took a gap year before going to college and took some community courses during my gap year.I didn't take any pre-req classes, but I took some science classes that will go into my BCPM GPA: intro to scientific programming (applied math), zoology(bio), and marine biology (bio).

I'm doing well at my current undergraduate school(top 10): Currently 3. 9+ GPA. I would like to know whether those community college courses would look bad.. (I did get A's on those classes, but some people say never to take courses at a community college....)

Also, I took Calc III/Linear Alg. during High school through a dual enrollment program connected to my local state university. But I had to repeat those classes during my undergraduate year. Would this also look bad? I got an A and a B on those two classes, but my undergraduate school wouldn't accept those credits so I had to repeat them.

Members don't see this ad.

You used your gap year to better yourself so I doubt it will be frowned upon. I do not know about other schools, but I know that my state schools require a transcript from every college you attended so they would just see where you aced some non-transferable classes prior to college plus the earned credit you got from taking the corresponding classes at your university.