Some Encouragement and Advice plzzzz

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

determined13

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Today is my first day posting on this website, which I find really helpful, so I would like to share my situation with all of you.

I'm a sophmore (3rd semester) in a division I university and I really screwed up this semester. Last year I didn't do as great as I wanted to, and I wanted to make up for it this semester, but that didn't happen at all. Instead I was lazy and foolish, and I'm really paying for that mistake now. I decided to double up this semester since I was behind last semester, but boy was that a bad idea. I'm taking Bio3000, General Chem I, and Physics I. I had to withdraw from Bio3000 lab because I was failing, and I'm most definitely sure I'm going to fail Physics. I'm doing great in Chemistry, but I'm really worried about my chances of getting into medical school. I don't want one stupid mistake cost me my dream of becoming a doctor. I still have time, right? I'm a bio major, which I'm really glad about now, because I can take more sciences and bring up my sGPA. I will NEVER EVER make the same mistake I made this semester again. The mistake of putting things off for the last minute, being lazy, and carefree. I've definitely changed my habits since I learned how poorly I was doing. I will definitely get all A's from here on out, for the rest of my undergraduate studies.

I just need someone to tell me I can still do it. Even if no one does, and I'm certain I can, it feels so much better to have some encouragement. Because Lord knows my advisors sure aren't encouraging me.

So, can I make it to medical school guys? With 5 semesters left to go of proving myself and showing my improvement from this semester, can I make it. I plan on taking General Chem II, General Microbiology, and Genetics next semester. What do you guys think. I still have Organic Chem I and II, Physics I and II, and I'm gonna take 6 other bio electives during the span of these 5 semesters left.

And I HAVE to do great on the MCAT, which is why I'm preparing myself now. And I'm gonna search for places I can volunteer. And I plan on shadowing a doctor. How do I gain clinical experience?

So, with all of that being said, just give me your opinions and advice (and encouragement plzz)!! I'm just way to determined to give up. I want to be a doctor and I will be a doctor.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

Today is my first day posting on this website, which I find really helpful, so I would like to share my situation with all of you.

I'm a sophmore (3rd semester) in a division I university and I really screwed up this semester. Last year I didn't do as great as I wanted to, and I wanted to make up for it this semester, but that didn't happen at all. Instead I was lazy and foolish, and I'm really paying for that mistake now. I decided to double up this semester since I was behind last semester, but boy was that a bad idea. I'm taking Bio3000, General Chem I, and Physics I. I had to withdraw from Bio3000 lab because I was failing, and I'm most definitely sure I'm going to fail Physics. I'm doing great in Chemistry, but I'm really worried about my chances of getting into medical school. I don't want one stupid mistake cost me my dream of becoming a doctor. I still have time, right? I'm a bio major, which I'm really glad about now, because I can take more sciences and bring up my sGPA. I will NEVER EVER make the same mistake I made this semester again. The mistake of putting things off for the last minute, being lazy, and carefree. I've definitely changed my habits since I learned how poorly I was doing. I will definitely get all A's from here on out, for the rest of my undergraduate studies.

I just need someone to tell me I can still do it. Even if no one does, and I'm certain I can, it feels so much better to have some encouragement. Because Lord knows my advisors sure aren't encouraging me.

So, can I make it to medical school guys? With 5 semesters left to go of proving myself and showing my improvement from this semester, can I make it. I plan on taking General Chem II, General Microbiology, and Genetics next semester. What do you guys think. I still have Organic Chem I and II, Physics I and II, and I'm gonna take 6 other bio electives during the span of these 5 semesters left.

And I HAVE to do great on the MCAT, which is why I'm preparing myself now. And I'm gonna search for places I can volunteer. And I plan on shadowing a doctor. How do I gain clinical experience?

So, with all of that being said, just give me your opinions and advice (and encouragement plzz)!! I'm just way to determined to give up. I want to be a doctor and I will be a doctor.

There are two types of people in this world, Those who dream and those who do.

There are two types of people in this world, Those who dream and those who do.

Your absolutely right!! But it all starts with the dream, it's just a matter of turning the dream into a reality.. just wanna know what are my chances of making that possible.

Members don't see this ad :)
Certainly don't waste your time studying for the MCAT now before you've even taken your pre-med requirements yet. Just focus on school and do your best! Also, DO schools have a policy where if you take a class over again they count your best grade towards your applying GPA. MD schools, however, take all classes taken into consideration when they figure out the applying GPA. If you've got a will, theres a way.