Some Encouragement - Yes I'd Do it again!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks again for your positive message.

Members don't see this ad.

With the exception of the long hours, residency seems pretty cool. I'm sure I'll have some people chime in that it will lose it's luster over time :laugh: Nice to be using what I have learned though. Official start date is the 30th. Keep studying for that MCAT

Members don't see this ad :)
How much did you owe in loans? How can you start buying a house now straight out of med school?

Hi Richie Truxillo. Congrats on graduating. I have a couple of questions for you if you don't mind:

1) If you had an extra year off before med school (which I do, but I'm already admitted somewhere so I don't have to worry about applying again) What would you do?

2) Is that you in the picture?

Thank you!:)

Hi Richie Truxillo. Congrats on graduating. I have a couple of questions for you if you don't mind:

1) If you had an extra year off before med school (which I do, but I'm already admitted somewhere so I don't have to worry about applying again) What would you do?

2) Is that you in the picture?

Thank you!:)

1) Go enjoy life as much as possible! Play sports, hang out with friends, get life experience. Life experience goes real far in medicine as when you are in school, your extracurricular opportunities are hindered a bit by your academic pursuits.

2)Yes that is me in the picture, being a goof ball. :laugh: Gotta be able to laugh at yourself ya know? :hardy: Here's a picture of me in more suitable professional doctor attire.

disneywifey1.jpg

Nice backpack in the background there. ;)

Thanks for the advice...by the way, great picture! You're wife is beautiful! :)

Who's the tall chick next to your wife? Did Chelsea Clinton come to your wedding?

I've always thought she was kind of hot. Not amazingly hot or anything, but hot enough where you wonder "how the **** did Bill and Hillary spawn her?"

I would approve if most political arguments between Democrats and Republicans were settled with a jell-o wrestling match between her and Barbara Bush (George W's daughter, the hotter Bush twin, not George HW's wife).

I think I am going to vote strictly based on how hot their daughter is, but I think the republicans have that one down, so who knows.

Then there is Meghan Mccain. She looks like she got her mom's genes.

meghanmccain.jpg

Last edited:
How much did you owe in loans? How can you start buying a house now straight out of med school?

300k in loans (Thanks WVSOM!)

To buy a house? Well if you don't have alot of credit card debt you can bring in your residency contract as "Proof of Income" and then you provide loan deferment letters to state you don't have to pay back your loans during residency. Then they let you have a mortgage loan for your house provided your house appraises for what its worth.

Dude, you're awesome.

Appreciate the pat on the back but YOU guys are awesome. Just don't give up and keep on pressing to get in. :thumbup: