Some facts for applicants of upcoming cycle...(asking)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MDhopeful6891

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Maybe best applied to last cycle's applicants?

1)How much is the average fee associated with secondaries?
2)When did your first secondaries start rolling in (if you applied, say, in late June)?

Members don't see this ad.

Fees ranged from $50 to over $100. It varies drastically.

Secondaries begin at least in late June or July.

Please learn to use the search button. It is very easy to answer your own questions. If you can do research in a lab, you can research medical school related information on this forum. I am not being mean but honest.

Maybe best applied to last cycle's applicants?

2)When did your first secondaries start rolling in (if you applied, say, in late June)?

1) I payed one that was as low as $55. I also paid one that was $105.

2) The date secondaries start rolling in depend on whether schools "screen." Some schools send secondaries to all applicants. Others selectively distribute secondaries. For non-screening schools, I received one or two either in real late June or real early July. Screening schools sent me secondaries in mid to late July.

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I had a secondary fee of only $40. And Georgetown's fee is $130.

1) I paid as low as $45 and as high as $105. Most were in the $75-90 range.

2) I submitted my AMCAS around mid June. The first secondary I received was from George Washington at the end of June. They are pretty fast with their secondary emails (I think a lot of people got their email before their AMCAS was verified). The rest of them came in the month of July.

Univ of Washington - $35