Some good new- less people in US on disability

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Maybe they put a stop to disability for fibromyalgia

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
that is good news.

one would think that disability claims would be independent of economic vitality? if you are disabled, you are disabled, right? strange.....
Since they cut welfare in the '90s people have learned to use disability fraud as their new welfare. So much of it is fraud. You and I see it every day.

Reactions: 3 users
Since they cut welfare in the '90s people have learned to use disability fraud as their new welfare. So much of it is fraud. You and I see it every day.

i just have no patience for it any more. i wish people would just cut to the chase instead of going through the whole song and dance. i know your schtick. enough is enough

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
i just have no patience for it any more. i wish people would just cut to the chase instead of going through the whole song and dance. i know you're schtick. enough is enough
what do you do for these people if you knew ahead of time?

what do you do for these people if you knew ahead of time?

i know when i walk in the room. not before i see them. i try to give them the benefit of the doubt, but it gets harder and harder

I specifically don’t accept patients on Medicare younger than 62 yrs old, as 99.5% of those on Medicare under 62 yrs are really psychologically “disabled”, not physically disabled.

My God, if I did that, I'd be turning away half my patients. Huge number of 'disabled' and MediCal working towards 'disabled' up here in Humboldt.

Today i had a young 31 /o male vet from Iraq who came today on Medicare.......had moderate TBI during a firefight and lumbar issues. He deserves the disability benefits he receives. Bilateral hearing aids due to the explosion.

Reactions: 1 users
My God, if I did that, I'd be turning away half my patients. Huge number of 'disabled' and MediCal working towards 'disabled' up here in Humboldt.

Well you could start with those not taking the young Medicare that have Medicaid as secondary because you’re waiving 20% of your fees for the patients with Medicaid secondary.

Last edited:
Today i had a young 31 /o male vet from Iraq who came today on Medicare.......had moderate TBI during a firefight and lumbar issues. He deserves the disability benefits he receives. Bilateral hearing aids due to the explosion.

Agree that sounds legit. Part of the 0.5 % I mentioned.

Though young military often on Tricare not Medicare.

IMO these are the patients that need psych care and needs pain management that actively encourages psych care.

So for the most part, not being seen by pain management is the better treatment course, unless it is at a clinic like drusso’s...

i just have no patience for it any more. i wish people would just cut to the chase instead of going through the whole song and dance. i know your schtick. enough is enough
Yep.

Office policy: "Dr Emd 123 doesn't do disability paperwork. Sorry."

Ask your 35 yo F who is in your office for severe back pain and ask why she disabled. Then put a dollar in my jar for each time it’s a psyc diagnosis or she doesn’t know. Drinks on me :)