Some good PCAT study material...not just Dr. Collins?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BioChem2012

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I'm new here on SDN and was hoping to take the PCAT at least once (2 times maybe) this year and was wondering what resources you found to be most helpful?

Here are the books I already have:
Schaum's
-biology
-organic chemistry
-general chemistry

cliff notes quick review
-biology
-anatomy/physiology
-chemistry

Kaplans PCAT
Cliffs PCAT 5 practice tests

If anybody could really give some good recomendations or feedback on these or any other companies that would be most helpful :). Also a side...I can't afford Dr. Collins lol.

I don't think Organic chemistry will be a weak point for me because it's fresh in my mind. I did alot of cramming for general chemistry and dumped it the day after and skipped alot of general biology classes (only needed upper division biology for my major) so i might have missed some general things. Do you think I should go through something like the GRE top vocabulary words too and work on my vocab to help me out on verbal?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all, I'm new here on SDN and was hoping to take the PCAT at least once (2 times maybe) this year and was wondering what resources you found to be most helpful?

Here are the books I already have:
Schaum's
-biology
-organic chemistry
-general chemistry

cliff notes quick review
-biology
-anatomy/physiology
-chemistry

Kaplans PCAT
Cliffs PCAT 5 practice tests

If anybody could really give some good recomendations or feedback on these or any other companies that would be most helpful :). Also a side...I can't afford Dr. Collins lol.

I don't think Organic chemistry will be a weak point for me because it's fresh in my mind. I did alot of cramming for general chemistry and dumped it the day after and skipped alot of general biology classes (only needed upper division biology for my major) so i might have missed some general things. Do you think I should go through something like the GRE top vocabulary words too and work on my vocab to help me out on verbal?

I think you will be fine. All I had was Barrons and Kaplan. I also purchased the practice tests on pearsons website. Came out with an 80 and only studied two weeks. I think you're good personally.